Kamari, Santorini Island

4 out of 5 stars 29 Reviews

• Kamari
    by 88Starflite
  • AHHH I loved this, america can't touch this!
    AHHH I loved this, america can't touch...
    by knowsfood
    The goat head was good belive it or not!
    by knowsfood

Various: Kamari Beach Tavernas and Cafes

by sandysmith Updated Jun 1, 2008

It takes about 10-15 mins to walk from one end of Kamari - lined with many beach side tavernas and cafes to the other and we tried a few in our few days here. We ate at Almira restaurant and Seaside restaurant - about 35-45 euros for a meal for two for 2 courses (selection of mezes and a main course) Many offer set meals for 2 e.g. Greek plate with salad for about 20 euros.
    Posidon restaurant (towards rock) we enjoyed mixed grill with chips and jacket potato for 20 euros for 2. Almost at the end of the prom towards the rock end is NAVY - their meals were good plates and reasonable value. Cocktails in cafes were about 4-6 euros each, Mythos beer about 3-4 euros for a large one. Cafes with comfy chairs facing the sea where you could sit under shade with a cool drink, cake, ice-cream or all three and read your books - very relaxing upmarket resort we found.
    Just stroll along (menus are on display)and see what takes your fancy - you will be spoilt for choice. I thought if they looked busy then that was a good sign.

cake and ice-cream time enjoying a Mythos evening ambience

SeaSide Restaurant: SeaSide Restaurant

by sandysmith Written Jun 1, 2008

Last evening meal on Santorini - at the restaurant next door to our hotel and perhaps the one we enjoyed the most - isn't it always the way when its time to go home. Good friendly service
    Could sit inside or covered tables by the beach - our choice.

Favorite Dish: Starters - Tomato fritters, eggplant salad, pork and mushroom in a sauce (came with chips surprisingly) this virtually filled us up before the mains of grouber fish fillet (delicious) and lamp in a bag - actually it was lamb (very tender cooked with veg and cheesy sauce) but we laughed at how it was misspelt.
    We didn't really need a desert but we shared some baklava and ice-cream to finish - not a large portion, just as well really. Cost about 40 euros.

Seaside restaurant beachside tables starters fish dinner lamb in paper bag

Posidon: Posidon

by sandysmith Written Jun 1, 2008

Big plates of food so go here when hungry. Good friendly service and reasonable cost

Favorite Dish: Giant beans and stuffed peppers to share for starters and then shared a mixed grill - served with rice, chips and jacket potato. Always seemed a popular place and I can taste why! Mixed fish plates were also popular. Cost approx 35 euros. Complimentary glass of ouzo to finish whilst enjoying the view.

• 88Starflite's Profile Photo

The Spring, aka Avolen: My Favorite

by 88Starflite Updated Oct 7, 2007

"The Spring" resatruant in Kamari. I haven't been to many places to eat in my three trips here maybe that's cause I found a great restaurant close to my hotel. The food is very good, which most restauraunts have also, but what I like the most is the friendly owner Andra. He'll really treat you like family, matter of fact he'll make it a point to introduce you to his family. I met a couple for the USA on the bus who wanted to know which rest. to eat at in Kamari, well we all ended up at The Spring, also known as Avolen, and my friends said there meal was the best seafood they ever had. They also loved the hospitality that Andra gave them. I feel this is what makes this restaurant so special.

Favorite Dish: Hands down my favorite meal is the spaghetti & shrimps. It's 8.5 euros and you really get a plate full. Loaded with great tasting shrimp and it has a great sauce.

Andra & Me Tables are also on the beachside of the street. Beach along the resturant My Favorite, Spaghetti & Shrimps. Kamari Waterfront

• mustertal's Profile Photo

Aijain, Cafe, Snack Bar + Internet: Free Internet for Customers

by mustertal Updated Oct 1, 2006

This cafe has free internet access for it's customers, they show most sports in the bar.

Favorite Dish: We had a nice English breakfast and their tea is good by other standards.
    Their speciality is Irish coffee, which they give you a taster when you pay your bill.

Cafe Bar

• steventilly's Profile Photo

Navy's: Style & Presentation

by steventilly Updated Jun 18, 2006

This was a lovely place in Kamari. We ate there when we went to Kamari for the day and returned there to eat again one evening. Well worth the bus ride from Fira! It has, in common with most places at Kamari, a great beachside location. Service was brisk and friendly and the food was wonderful, being Greek "standards" but (for the first time with us) nicely presented, in an almost "nouveau cuisine" way (but not with nouveau cuisine portion sizes!).

Favorite Dish: First time there we had 3 mezze dishes - Halloumi cheese, tzatziki and saganaki cheese with sour cherry sauce. It all tasted as good as it looked, and it looked pretty darn good.
    Second time there we had the halloumi again (it was the only place we'd seen it on the menu) along with stuffed aubergines (stuffed with a kind of pesto mixture). For mains this night we had tomato risotto for me, which is not something I'd had before, though I've had many, many risottos. It was delicious and will be added to my own repertoire soon. Wife had a salad with Syros cheese and sautéed mushrooms. Again, totally delicious and quite different.

Dinner At Navy's, Kamari Dinner At Navy's, Kamari Dinner At Navy's, Kamari Dinner At Navy's, Kamari

• Orkaena's Profile Photo

TERRACOTTA: THE ITALIAN TREND

by Orkaena Updated Jul 21, 2005

Nice experience, we met the owners, an elder italian couple, at the beach of Kamares and they invited us to their resto this night.
    Calm and warm ambiance, decorated on the basis of terracota colors, mediterranean style.
    The pastas and pizzas are made by their own italian "Maese", and the results are really good, always fresh pastas. Even they have a small (but effective...) selection of italian wines, we "killed" two bottles of Chianti, gggreatt. ...uuups!.. wherrre isss my carrr??...

Favorite Dish: Fettuccini alioli irrigated with an italian chianti wine.

Card

• lua2's Profile Photo

Hook Bar: Delicious creps....

by lua2 Updated Dec 11, 2004

The Hook bar & restaurant is just beside the beach in Kamari at the end of the beach Avenue. Sandwiches, pizzas, creps, ice creams & traditional Greek cousine can be eaten over there. Nice staff! Great place for a Beach day!!!!!

Favorite Dish: Taste the bananas and chocolate Crep!!!! It is simply DELICIOUS!!!! mmmm...

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

Mango Restaurant: More Beach Food

by Jmill42 Written Mar 3, 2004

Once again, this was a beachfront restaurant that I visited. I must have eaten at 10 beachfront restaurants, but the two I'll list are the best. This one was located at Kamari beach, and had great seafood and drinks. Maybe it was the drinks that made the food good, but I only had a few, so probably not. It was a very clean, cool little place, with thatch hut roofs over the tables, and comfy white chairs.

Favorite Dish: Mai Tai... oh, thats not food, is it? Fish once again. Its my advice to eat the specialty of the place, and seafood is the regions specialty, so....

• Aggeliki's Profile Photo

Fish taverns near the sea, Kamari Santorini

by Aggeliki Written Aug 26, 2003

Kamari is a touristic resort more quite than other villages in Santorini. In the main road there are many restaurants, traditional tavernas, cafes and bars. Service is very good in most of the places. I suggest traditional fish taverns. Be careful to ask about fresh fishes and not frozen.

• 88Starflite's Profile Photo

Eanos Restaurant: Can't Get Fresher Then This

by 88Starflite Written Sep 21, 2008

I did not eat there but want to list it as you can pick your own fish right from the tank!
    Be aware that prices in some restaraunts can be ever high for fish.

• percy961's Profile Photo

The HOOK: Great Atmosphere

by percy961 Updated Sep 27, 2005

This place has a great atmospher at night,
    its also a good place to have breakfast before
    boarding the water taxi to Perissa

• Erin09340's Profile Photo

Great Wall Chinese Restaurant: If you get tired of Greek food

by Erin09340 Updated Jun 12, 2004

This restaurant was a welcome change after eating greek for a week solid. The prices were reasonable and the food was good.

• Beaches

• An Italian restaurant in Kamari!

by gmadmax Updated Apr 1, 2003

Drinking Coke and eating pizza in an Italian restaurant in the coastal road in Kamari after the sea. In this very long road you can find lots of different kinds of restaurants and cafes...

Instant Answers: Santorini Island

Comments

View all Santorini Island hotels