Cable Car, Santorini Island

Know about this?

And here we car ... almost there.
    by JennysTravels
    Check out these yummy studs.
    by JennysTravels
    Its a long way down
    by meantime
  • JennysTravels's Profile Photo

Cable Car

by JennysTravels Written Jun 26, 2007

And here we car ... almost there.

We showed up at the Cable car at 11am, we neeed to catch our boat for the day. We waited in the steaming heat for about one hour and a half. The boat wasnt going to wait for us as there was another group on board and we were told to move to the front of the line. Next thing I hear is this old woman with a scraped up bloody nose yelling and waving her finger at me in German. I had no clue what she was saying but I understood that she thought I was very ignorant as I sang Walking on Sunshine. We waited another 30mins for the line to go though the ONE clerk working the ticket booth. We could have walked down in 30mins. Dont waste you time our the 4euro on this is there are tons of people waiting. Oh and the German lady apologized to me later on in the line, as I passed her some pretzels. :)

Fun Alternatives: Walk down

• Seniors
    • Disabilities

• meantime's Profile Photo

Cable Car Madness

by meantime Written Aug 5, 2003

Its a long way down

Well it was very hard to find, that's the first thing I will say, up one alley and down another for a good 30mins before we came across this.
    If you like cable cars it worth the trip down and up again just for the fun of it.
    costs aprox 3 euros each way, be warned only a few shops, boats and donkeys await you at the bottom.

Unique Suggestions: If you see a cruise ship docked in the ocean you may be unlucky to find yourself at the end of a very large queue trying to board the cable cars.
    If you find no queues at the cable car station then this is the time to go.

Fun Alternatives: If you are on a tight budget you can always walk down and cable car back up again, allow plenty of time for this, not for the faint hearted or the infirm!

Instant Answers: Santorini Island

Comments

Other Tourist Traps in Santorini Island

View all Santorini Island hotels