Kos Tourist Traps

by kastoriani
    musuem
    by Igraine

Most Recent Tourist Traps in Kos

• Make sure to get receipt for car rental.

by kastoriani Written Aug 19, 2007

The local car rental company that I used gave me a copy of my rental aggreement without listing the price for the rental or the insurance that I had purchased. Luckily, nothing bad happened, but it's a good idea to get your paperwork completed properly.

Unique Suggestions: Understand the policy for the actual car rental (mileage, gas, etc.) and the insurance (deductible, tire coverage, coverage for bottom of car, etc.). Make sure that everything is filled in correctly on the agreement that you sign.

• Kos to Bodrum-much time & money spent

by kastoriani Written Aug 7, 2007

Bodrum port

This was part of my experience re. my day trip from Kos to Bodrum. I had booked the ferry ticket the night before and I was told that before I go through passport control I was to pay a 4 euro port tax. After waiting in line for ~ 20 min and asking 3 people, I found my way inside the cafeteria next to the passport control room where 3 individuals from the ferry that I was going to be travelling on were collecting this tax. The line and the wait was long. The 3 employees were spending as much time trying to figure out what was going on amongst themselves as interacting with travellers. I gave a 5 euro bill and received 50 cents in change. When I mentioned that I was told that the tax was 4 euros, the young lady told me that it's really 4.25 but they didn't have 25 cent coins for change (!). And I the receipt I was given was for 3 euros.
    The boat was scheduled to leave at 9:00am. At that time there were hardly any passengers on the boat. We were all waiting in long lines to pay the tax or go through passport control. We ended up leaving at ~ 10:15am.

Unique Suggestions: 1. Find out where you should pay the tax. It'll probably be an agent from the boat you got your ticket from. S/He'll probably be in the cafe next to the passport control "office".
    2. Make sure you know how much exactly the tax is and have exact money to avoid needing change.

Fun Alternatives: Most boats for Bodrum leave at 9:00 or 9:15 am from Kos. Perhaps the lines are shorter if you leave with a 10:00am ride. I'm not sure about this.

• ellierae's Profile Photo

Don`t always trust the holiday rep

by ellierae Written Jan 21, 2005

Try not to book trips with your reps.
    The price to go to Bodrum (Turkey ) for the day was £30.
    I went for £10 booked locally with a free City sightseeing trip included.
    I saw more of Turkey than the rest of the people in my hotel who had booked with the rep.

Unique Suggestions: Try and shop round for day trips and make the most of your holiday like I did.
    The only trip I advise you to take is to the mountains because the local bus runs at 7 in the morning and leaves at 1 in the afternoon.

• Igraine's Profile Photo

The musuem

by Igraine Written Aug 12, 2004

musuem

The archeological museum is not where i advice you to go. Too small and certainly nothing spectecular to see

Fun Alternatives: If you want to see proper greek archeology visit the musuem in Athens.

• Archeology

Instant Answers: Kos

Comments

Kos Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Kos tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kos sightseeing.