Patmos Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Patmos

• crazyman2's Profile Photo

At the end of the palms...: Scala Sea Food

by crazyman2 Updated Aug 15, 2012

My wife wanted to swim whilst I just wanted to relax in the shade and read a book. So, we took the tender from our ship and walked to the right, where there is a log line of palm trees. There were several places to eat on the way but we decided to walk to near the end of the trees because that's where everyone was swimming.
    We settled at a table in the shade and after a few minutes a waitress arrived and took our order of local fish plus some chips.
    My wife went in for a swim and just as she climbed out our food and beers arrrived.
    Excellent flavour and cooked to perfection. Mmm....

Favorite Dish: It had to be the fish!

from my seat under the trees

Traditional Pastry Shop: Local Bakery

by sandysmith Written Oct 31, 2008

In Skala are a couple of good bakerys where you can buy fresh bread and traditional Patmos Pies - cheese - and other tasty sweet goodies. I loved the signs on the shops too - signs everywhere were of a similar design, typifying Patmos Island. There was one near the harbour port, one on main road towards Chora and another nest to Panttelis restaurant.

Patmos Pie Shop sign Pastry shop

Creperie: Creperie

by sandysmith Written Oct 31, 2008

Just across from Pantelis is a creperie, with a couple of outside table and chairs, that did delicious freshly made to order banana, chocolate and biscuit crepes. (4 euros) We had one each big mistake and they were big and very filling. Best to get some ice cream from the gelaterie next door and share.

Fish Taverna: Fish Taverna

by sandysmith Written Oct 31, 2008

Just set back from the end of the harbour road is this Fish Taverna. We had a very enjoyable dinner here - a little bit more expensive than Pantlis but had the tastiest fresh squid I've had for a while. Good selection of main courses, traditional Greek, fish and chicken dishes in a variety of sauces. A good place on the outside terrace area to people watch.. We saw locals haggle with fishermen over the latest catch whilst cats looked on longingly licking their lips.

Pantelis: Pantelis

by sandysmith Written Oct 26, 2008

Had seen mixed reviews about this place but it looked popular and was reasonably priced so we gave it a go and were not disappointed, although I think more suited for a quick lunch than an evening meal. We enjoyed 2 lunches here and an evening meal. We found the service to be brisk and friendly and a good atmosphere. Some menu items were not available due to end of season.

Favorite Dish: Mousaka (best I have ever tasted) and macaroni pie were hot and tasty - both were 5 euros and good portions at that. The baked lamb was very tender. Fried eggplants with a dip came for for free with evening meals and was lovely.

by day by night mousaka

Instant Answers: Patmos

Comments

Patmos Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Patmos restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Patmos sightseeing.