Rhodes (Island) Warnings and Dangers

by gwendar
  • Outside the Acropolis,Lindos,Rhodes island
    Outside the Acropolis,Lindos,Rhodes...
    by CDM7
  • Donkeys waiting to take people back down.
    Donkeys waiting to take people back...
    by CDM7

Best Rated Warnings and Dangers in Rhodes (Island)

• RuudGroeneveld's Profile Photo

No medicine available !

by RuudGroeneveld Written May 1, 2003

Beach action at Paralia

Just want to warn everyone who wants to go to Rhodes that you have to think twice before you really leave to this island. When you've been there for more than 5 days you feel a little bit shaken. Not that you ate something wrong but you know that there comes a time that you have to go home. And you're gonna hate that. There is just one medicine: At home you book your new holiday to Rhodes. You'll have fallen in love with this great island!

• whitecliff62's Profile Photo

SPOUNGES, SHELLS, CORAL

by whitecliff62 Written Jul 18, 2006

SPOUNGES, SHELLS AND CORAL

I did notice while on my trip to Rhodes town that there was a few places that was selling these products, im not sure but i think it is ilegal to take these products through English customs, if i am wrong then please correct me. It would be a good idea to check your countrys laws before buying such products

• ohluckyme's Profile Photo

nothing really scarry, just some tips locals gave

by ohluckyme Written Aug 4, 2006

Definitely if you are a lady you should be carefull exploring the outskirts of Kremasti village or any other (at day or at night). And be especially carefull walking along the sea shore at night. Personally I didn't have any problems but was told to be carefull. Greek men are usually very friendly and not dangerous :) but you should avoid albanians (I'm sorry to say that), who pretend to be greek sometimes :) - seriously, sounds stupid but I was told so. Locals do not recommend ladies to walk along the sea shore (the Aegean Sea shore at least) at night on their own (as I did - God thanks with no problem).

have a good time!

• Women's Travel

• CDM7's Profile Photo

Take care when walking up to the Acropolis.

by CDM7 Written Aug 24, 2013

Outside the Acropolis,Lindos,Rhodes island

You can reach the Acropolis by donkey or walking.The walk up takes you through the town of Lindos,this part of the walk has good footpaths,once you move away from the town the terrain becomes more difficult.The track is often steep and uneven and the stones are smooth and slippery,be sure to wear good footwear.On several occasions i noticed women wearing either high heels or flip flops.Totally unsuitable and dangerous!

• Photography

• freddie18's Profile Photo

What a Nightmare at the Port of Rodos

by freddie18 Written Nov 1, 2008

I have decided to take a Catamaran (one-hour trip) from Marmaris, Turkey to Rodos, Greece because I cannot fly directly from Turkey to Cyprus. If you do the same thing I did, don't ever bring a lot of stuff/luggages from Turkey to Greece or they will end up digging even your soiled clothes from the bottom of your luggages. Too many questions will be asked which I guess is not necessary for a family who is staying only for a night. Questions that should be asked by the immigration officer and not by security officers whose job is to check only illegal baggages. This is annoying and giving us a bad impression of the country as it did not stop there. We also had a bad experience at the Heraklion Airport, also in Greece. I will tell you about that as I will create a Heraklion page to simply post it as a warning.

• Beaches
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Cruise

• hungariangirl896's Profile Photo

Plumbing in Rhodes...

by hungariangirl896 Written Jul 25, 2013

There are 2 important details that you should know when staying in a hotel or someone's home in Rhodes. First, you shouldn't drink the tap water. Second, the plumbing in Rhodes is a little different, so you shouldn't try to flush toilet paper.

• KatsPurr's Profile Photo

The dangers of Sunstroke or Heatstroke

by KatsPurr Updated Oct 4, 2003

I had an extremely scary experience with sunstroke in Rhodes. My story refused to fit here since it is 3314 characters long and this supports only up to 2047 characters. So please check out my Rhodes travelogue for the whole story.

• Hiking and Walking

• Breen's Profile Photo

Medieval Castles At NIght!

by Breen Written Jun 15, 2004

I was on a school trip to the area and a few of the young ladies on the trip did get approached by a few men while walking at night in the castle. You might want some escorts if you want to be around there in the dark, but when I walked in there late at night i never saw anyone else so it could have just been a isolated incident. Just a warning about walking alone at night.

• Castles and Palaces

• wyagi6's Profile Photo

Mopeds!!

by wyagi6 Written Jul 15, 2004

While walking round the old town of Rhodes, there seemed to be dozens of mopeds, constantly whizzing up and down streets and round corners unexpectedly. For the most part these were being driven by young people with little regard for pedestrians. We had to keep a close eye on the children as soon as we heard the sound of a small engine buzzing!

• Breen's Profile Photo

Hope You Don't Have Plane Trouble Like Me!

by Breen Written Jun 18, 2004

This happened while I was leaving from Rhodes on my way back to Athens. A bird on take off flew into the engine and we had to make a landing right away. That part was alright, but due to Rhodes being isolated it is hard to get a plane routed there quickly. Since I was on limited time this took 5 hours out of my trip I wasn't expecting, and we were picked up by a Macedonian Airline! LOL

• gwendar's Profile Photo

RESORT PATHWAYS IN PEFKOS

by gwendar Written Oct 25, 2013
    THIS IS A 2 FOOT DROP

AS MOST PEPOLE WILL ALREADY THE PATHS IN GREECE TEND TO BE A LAW AS TO THE

OWN,PEFKOS IS NO DIFFERENT.
    PICTURE 1 SHOWS A 2 FOOT DROP I SAW SOMEBODY NEARLY FALL BACKWARDS HERE.JUST BY TURNING AFTER TALKING TO SOMEONE.
    PICTURE 2 A DROP IN THE PATH EDGE ABOUT 10 INS, AGAIN ITS SO EASY TO FALL OFF ,SO PLEASE TAKE CARE.

• Hiking and Walking

• windy beach and holes in the road

by t-lap Written May 11, 2006

The sidewalks in Rhodes are often in bad condition, big holes are not uncommon. Watch your steps, my mother didn't and she sprained her ancle.

If sunbathing at the windy beach in Rhodes town, you get burned easily as you don't feel the sun as at the "normal beach". Stick to the other side, or be careful, if you don't want an unpleasant surprise later on.

• clueless83's Profile Photo

Faliraki

by clueless83 Written Apr 21, 2010

Don't bother. Faliraki = tacky.

I participated in an organised bar crawl with our rep and was bored out of my mind in the bars, they gave us free shots which *were NOT* alcoholic and expected us to join in with their stupid games. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed clubbing, but I prefer to go to places like Salou in Spain where the atmosphere is not so fake and not so 18-30.

Lindos has nightlife, I should've just stayed there.

p.s. there are no pictures because there was nothing worth photographing.

• Singles
    • Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Rhodes (Island)

Comments

Rhodes (Island) Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Rhodes (Island) warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Rhodes (Island) sightseeing.

View all Rhodes (Island) hotels