* Medieval towns of Rhodes.
* Acropolis of Rhodos and Lindos.
* Ancient Kamiros.
* Castles of Monolithos and Kritinias.
* Hot Springs of Kallithea.
* The Valley of the Butterflies.
* Filerimos Hill.
* The monastery of Aghios Ioannis (St. John).
* The cave of the Apocalypse.
* Olympos Village.
* Venetian Castle.
* Venetian Castle.
* The Volcano.
* Lakki Village.
Top 10 Beaches in Dodecanese Islands
1) Antony Queen Beach, Rhodes Island.
2) Tsabika Beach, Rhodes Island.
3) Kiotari-Genadi Beach, Rhodes Island.
4) Prasonisi, Rhodes Island.
5) Ai-Giorgis Disalonas, Simi Island.
6) Psili Ammos Beach, Patmos Island.
7) Chochlakia & Psili Ammos Beaches, Nisiros Island.
8) Kaminakia Beach, Astipalaia Island.
9) Apella & Stoui Michaliou Ton Kipo Beaches, Karpathos Island.
10) Mastichari, Tigaki & Marmari Beaches, Kos Island.
Discover the Dodecanese of your own
1) For luxurious resorts: Rhodes and Kos Islands.
2) For thalassotherapy and family vacations: Kos Island.
3) For architectural tours Leros Island.
4) For low budget escapes: Nisiros, Chalki or Kasos Islands.
5) For romantic vacations: Simi, Astipalaia, Kastelorizo or Patmos Islands.
6) Forget your car: Simi, Kastelorizo or Patmos Islands.
7) For idyllic vacations: Patmos or Astipalaia Islands.
8) For great drives and off-roads discoveries: Karpathos Island.
9) For fresh fish-eating: Leros or Kalimnos Islands.
10) For multi day vacation: Rhodes Island.
Top 10 Experiences in Dodecanese
1) A walk at the medieval town of Rhodes.
2) To have a drink at the castle of Astypalaia Island, under a full moon.
3) The positive shoψk when you first see the neoclassical town of Symi.
4) The Chora of Patmos Island.
5) The "Archidctural" tour at Lakki village, Leros Island.
6) To swim at the beaches of the southern part of Rhodes Island, under the shadow of the cedars.
7) The unique Kordoni in Kastelorizo.
8) The volcanic Nisiros Island.
9) The luxurious resorts at Rhodes and at Kos Islands.
10) Easter at Olympos village, Karpathos Island.
1 more image
Entering Rhodos by boat, first time, and again
Every landing with a boat is a nice experience. But entering the Port of Rhodos is like a dream, gliding quietly into the stage setup of the port with statues at the entrance and the crusader castle ahead. It was in the morning light, after cruising at night.
I remembered this dramatic entrance for many years. After thirty years I did it a second time, maybe nothing changed but myself. But I felt a disappointment that the first time impression can't be repeated.
On my third entrance seventeen years later, I already knew the place so well that it was just repetition. So when I admire a view at first sight, I should look at it carefully and not in a hurry, thinking that I can later see it once again more thoroughly. It's never the same.Related to:
- Castles and Palaces
Prefecture of the Dodecanese Islands Hotels
The hotel is placed on a hill, 2 km away from Lindos, on the shore of the Vlicha Bay. The building...more
The Hotel Africa was not located in the Old Town of Rodos, but just on the outskirts, with views...more
I stayed with my hubby in the apartment hotel Alice Springs in August 2004. It was run by a...more
Top Prefecture of the Dodecanese Islands Hotels
- Kos Hotels
- 329 Reviews - 761 Photos
- Kefalos Hotels
- 42 Reviews - 64 Photos
- Rodos (City) Hotels
- 460 Reviews - 1217 Photos
- Lindos Hotels
- 155 Reviews - 314 Photos
- Symi Hotels
- 226 Reviews - 366 Photos
- Kos Island Hotels
- 226 Reviews - 544 Photos
- Karpathos Hotels
- 22 Reviews - 30 Photos
- Agia Marina Hotels
- 15 Hotels
- Nisos Pserimos Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 6 Photos
- Lardos Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 69 Photos
Instant Answers: Prefecture of the Dodecanese Islands
Get an instant answer from local experts and frequent travelers
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Discount Hotel Rooms
- Priceline.com More Ways to Save on Hotels. Save up to 50% on Top Brands.
Explore the World
- Margaret River Hotels
- Nacascolo Hotels
- Derry/Londonderry Hotels
- Elmvale Hotels