Veria Travel Guide

by flyingheart2

Veria Things to Do

• magdaki's Profile Photo

by magdaki Updated Mar 14, 2004

Rather a "must taste" than a "must see" activity... Veria is famous for the revani, a dessert with syrup. Its delicious! There are many shops that sell it in the city, but there is one in particular which is supposed to be the best, whith a secret recipe, that it's rivals have been trying to figure out. I won't advertise them, by writing their name... if you are there, ask the locals!!
    (please excuse the blurry picture.. i was too anxious to take it, and get it over with, in order to eat the revani!!!)

Veria Off The Beaten Path

• flyingheart2's Profile Photo

by flyingheart2 Written Apr 17, 2004

a friend lives here. spent two months. had calimari by the sea, saw mt. olympus. It was really incredible. I recommend to anyone to go here and spend some time. The locals were very friendly and very interested in Indians. I spent alot of time teaching and learning. Greek people are one of a kind. The gypsy's there are the most interesting people. I journalled the event and like to go back now and read my journal. I also suggest that when you travel , you write a journal of the events and sights. It sure helps me go back there in my mind.

Instant Answers: Veria

Comments

Veria Travel Guide
Map of Veria