Yialova Favorites

• nickandchris's Profile Photo

Development....

by nickandchris Written Jun 19, 2008

Ruination of a spectacular beach

Favorite thing: This is not about my favourite thing, more like my least favourite!

We re-visited Romanos beaches to see how the golf resort was coming along. Oh, my word, it's going to be massive. So many buildings fronting the beautiful beach, ruining the skyline and particularly the nature around this area. Will this part of the beach become private?

Thankfully the project has fallen behind schedule so it's a long way off completion, although the actual golf course, I believe, is to be up and running shortly.

We really didn't like what we saw but obviously the place will be tidied up and an attempt will be made for it all to blend into it's surroundings (we sincerely hope!!)

Fondest memory: The wild flowers here were spectacular in May, but how long will they remain under the very real threat of ever creeping development?

• Golf
    • Beaches
    • Architecture

• nickandchris's Profile Photo

Soothing Frogs

by nickandchris Written Jun 5, 2007

Favorite thing: I was really hoping we would hear the sound of frogs this year. I wasn't to be disappointed, in fact I don't think frogs chirrupping have ever been as prolific as on this holiday!! They were even at it during the day, but come the evening and the sound was magnified magnificently. It wasn't even as if there was any water anywhere, we reckoned it was because the land was so low lying and had probably at one time been waterlogged or even a swamp. Where the frogs lived remained a mystery but we had some in the garden at Hetty's.

Fondest memory: One of my fondest memories is simple sitting outside at Hetty's, listening to the wonderful frog chorus. At times, it was almost deafening but in the nicest possible way!! When we returned to England, I was so used to the sound, I could still hear them.

• Adventure Travel

Instant Answers: Yialova

Comments

Yialova Favorites

Reviews and photos of Yialova favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Yialova sightseeing.