Budapest Nightclubs, Budapest

Home Club, 1037 Budapest. Harsany Letjo 6 06 30 24 22 888

Know about this? Rate It!

Club play
  • Budapest Nightclubs
    Dokk Cafe / Mamut 2/
  • Budapest Nightvlubs: Dream Island... a.k.a. Ship Factory Island

by Wildcat#7 Written Aug 2, 2006

I had been to Budapest numerous times before I found this place... The locals call it "ship Factory Island", and its about 5-7km up river from downtown. The easiest way to come and go is by cab. It is an island in th middle of the Danube that is solely dedicated to Partying your ass off until whenever you feel like leaving! It has numerous bars/clubs, afterhours clubs, eateries, etc.. You can literally party 24hrs a day and never leave this place... Many of the bars are trendy and parking lots are filled with Bentleys, Ferraris, Aston Martin's etc., but I never found a place that enforced a dress code! When the mainstream clubs close between 2 and 4, the afterhours party's roll-on until well after daylight! Some of the the bars have swimming pools & hot tubs, most have live music, DJ's, house, Techno, R&B, or a combination of All etc... The place is "so" crawling with FINE women that I hate myself for finding "One" that I decided to keep around for a while... She won't let me go there anymore!!! So, Enjoy, its really a "Dream Island"...

Dress Code: None that I noticed, but most people were dressed well! I did see a few guys with baseball caps and sneakers, but wouldn;t guarantee that all bars on the island are the same!

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Morrison's Music Pub: Party Time

by johngayton Updated Jan 26, 2011

My Entry Ticket

This was a purely impulse find. It had been raining torrentially all evening and so I hadn't strayed too far from my hotel. Having been out for a meal and cruised a few bars I returned to the hotel about 11.30 pm to freshen up with the intention of finding one of the late night venues recommended by "Time Out" (actually am I allowed to mention them?).

On leaving the hotel about midnight it was still, as we say back home, "pissing it down". But immediately across the road from the hotel door there was an open doorway leading down into a basement from which I could hear vaguely recognisable 60's/70's music being played.
    There was a guy at a desk at the bottom of the stairs who seemed quite pleasant and when I paid my entry fee gave me the thumbs up and said "enjoy!".

This is Morrison's - to my initial shock there must have been at least three hundred people there and my personal attendance probably upped the average age by about 10%. However the beer was cheap (special offer 150 forints for a korso of Heineken), the music recognisable and the atmosphere really good and so I stopped for a beer.

The venue is in the cellars, which comprise: a long narrow bar just after the entrance, a lounge area, then the dance floor - which was packed - and a chill area. The DJ was playing/mixing, whatever the term the youngsters use, a variety of R&B, soul and classic 60's/70's music and everyone seemed to be having a good time.

In normal circumstances this isn't what I would have chosen to do on a "rainy night in ...Budapest" but found myself in several conversations with various people - I suspect they were practising their English on me! As one young guy said, "Tonight is party, tomorrow is work, I go from party then to work, but only once a week, here is always a good party." I don't know the opening times for the place, or even whether it is actually a regular venue, but see the info on the website below which should be up to date.

Dress Code: Dress code is non-existent. Apart from the guy on the door and maybe one other person, there didn't even seem to be any bouncers. The youngsters were out to party and seemed to treat the place as if it was a party at a respected friend's place - there were a few guys drunk but happy with it, no obvious drug use, just a bunch of 18-20somethings out for a good time. And even an old fuddy-duddy like me "enjoy"-ed!! Leaving about 4 a.m. the place was still buzzing. If this is your thing - go for it!

• Beer Tasting

• RockTadgers's Profile Photo

Zsold Pardon: Beach Party Budapest!

by RockTadgers Written Jul 5, 2005

Zsold Pardon, right next to Petofi Bridge, is a open air summer club where there's plenty of fun to be had. Not exactly cutting edge, but has a leisurely, happy vibe and enough going on to keep most people entertained.

It's had a bit of an upgrade recently, with more facilities and extra decking around the dancefloors, but it still has the atmosphere of a beach party.

There are two dancefloors, numerous bars, a place to get some grub, and plenty of deck chairs and tables under the trees for you to get to know your new Hungarian friends.

All this (and a floating bar) for a measly 100 Forints adds up to a cheap night out and usually a great time to be had.

Dress Code: Pretty much as you like. This is a beach party, after all!

• DPando's Profile Photo

Jail club: Alcatraz

by DPando Updated Apr 6, 2006

Looks amazing !! its a bloddy jail !! decoration is higly slick !! some lounges split by bar jails and everything is really nice there...maybe the music is normal but the pint is around 2? and close quite late . I can suggest so much this place there is a entrance fee .. i guess it was 500 HUF (2 euros) and wardrobe service per 100 HUF

Dress Code: No tie, just fun ..place crowded by young people around 20-30 old..

• Mitre's Profile Photo

Home Club: Visit If You Are A Dance Music Fan

by Mitre Updated Jul 28, 2003

Home Club

Lovers of House music and European Techno should check this place out. Great venue, good tunes and fantastic women.

International DJs such as Carl Cox, Sven Vath, Grooverider, Marco Carola & Deep Dish have all been here.

Not easy to get to from cental Pest as it is probably 8km out of the city. Go by taxi.

If you have epilepsy you should probably avoid due to the strobes & lighting.

Dress Code: The girls were sparkly and the boys made an effort.

• Study Abroad

• graeme83's Profile Photo

Budapest Nightvlubs: Upside Down Club

by graeme83 Updated Mar 18, 2007

After visiting the cash-point this was the first place that we could find. It is based undergound - having previously been a public toilet! There are comfortable sofas to sit on and a small dancefloor. Entry was free and the drinks were cheap. The DJ even played Billie Jean!

Dress Code: No dress code

• Budapest-Pubcrawl's Profile Photo

Budapest Nightvlubs: Pub Crawl in Budapest

by Budapest-Pubcrawl Written Jul 4, 2008

Budapest? Nightlife? Where to go out?

Join to the Budapest Pub Crawl called "AllNightCrash". This is the best (and maybe the cheapest)way to know Budapest's underground nightlife, to walk around the streets downtown, to know many bars, and clubs (even outdoor places) where the local people have fun as well.
    Free shots, all night long!!! The AllnightCrash guys show you the real face of Budapest.
    Must-known Experience..

Phone: +3630 2025600
    Address: check out webite
    Directions: Inner city, VII. district, Margaret Island, etc
    Website: www.allnightcrash.com

• violetnon's Profile Photo

Morrison's Music Pub: an Average pub

by violetnon Written Apr 23, 2006

After reading all views about Morrison's Music Pub, we were so excited but it was real dissapointment!

In the entrance part, there is a kareoke which you can spend 15 minutes. In the next door, there are few tables leading you the bigger dance floor. The music was so so but I especially didn't like the atmosphere as a young woman.

Dress Code: no special dress

• Budapest Nightvlubs: Dream Island... a.k.a. Ship Factory Island

by Wildcat#7 Written Aug 2, 2006

• Budapest Nightclubs and Bars: Nightlife in Pest throughout the week

by sallymakaruk Written May 3, 2008

As two 20 year old University students we were well up for checking out some of Budapest's nightlife on a recent trip to the City. We spend Monday-Friday in the city and although we were worried that it would be a bit dead, it really wasn't.

Monday night - The whole city in general was a bit quiet, maybe because it was a Monday but also because the weather was horrible. We went to a few bars and then returned to our hotel and asked behind the desk where we could go. We were guided to a club called Morrisons 2 (owned by the same people as Morrisons Music Pub near the Opera House) which is situated not too far from the metro station Nyugati Pu. The underground, cellar club was brilliant for a quirky, European night out with the ever popular Karaoke room and seperate rooms for popular music and another room playing a different selection of music. Drinks were average priced (similar to at home as we found in most places). Many of the patrons were young with the off older Hungarian male who was into pulling a younger girl! The club filled up at around midnight and people seemed to file out at about 2am when the karaoke finished and only the main dance floor remained open.

Tuesday night - We went to the School Klub (Student Union) also in Pest near Kalvin ter metro station. It was another interesting basement club, in a huge town-hall looking building but very cool. Free internet was provided upstairs with the dancefloor downstairs (and again a seperate area for karaoke). The club filled up at around 2am and was still busy when we left at around 3.30am. It played trance and dance music with the odd popular British tune. There were more drinks offers here. Patrons were university student aged mainly.

Wednesday night - We heard that Moulin Rouge club was popular on a Wednesday (as it had been closed both on Monday or Tuesday). We thought that this club looked a little posh so dressed up a bit, although my friend still got in wearing trainers and jeans. The club was more expensive than the other clubs we had been to and by 1am was absolutely heaving, which wasn't really comfortable. The club was beautiful, in an old theatre with tiers and private VIP boxes it was brilliant. Music was hardcore trance and European dance music which was hardly recognisable. The patrons here were very very scary for 2 young females and many of them seemed to be members of the Hungarian mafia. Average age was around 25. We left early due to general fear of the huge beefy men in leather jackets.

Thursday night - We went to Morrsions music pub near the Opera House that others have talked about on this forum. It was a really good night, similar to Morrisons 2 but slightly bigger. The music was around the same and on this night it was busy and had a good crowd (although many of the males are touchy and we saw one man steal a girls bag). Nonetheless it was good for a dance, busy by midnight and when we left at 2.30am was still busy. Try the Morrsions Vodka, as although it doesn't actually taste like Vodka and more like Sherry, it's pretty cheap.

Dress Code: Pretty much could get away with anything.

• Study Abroad
    • Women's Travel

• Városközpont (Outside elevator access) SCAM: Scam Bars in Budapest

by Erwin10 Updated Feb 1, 2010

While I was walking on Vaci Ut two Croatian girls with Italian accent approached me asking for a street, I didn’t knew and they said they were on vacations and looking for a place to have drinks, if i want to join them, we walk few blocks to the Latin Bar with access thru elevator, we have few drinks and chat for 2 hrs, they were great actress, asking where are the toilets, never been in Budapest, etc, etc. When the bill came it was 215,000 Forint (1,100 usd) for 3 rounds of drinks, the waitress bring me the cheque and asked how I would like to pay, I told her by credit card and she said they dont accept it, but I can withdrow money from the ATM beside, then I saw the amount and need to take money from 3 different cards to get the total bill. I was confused with the exchange rate and realize that it was very expensive and asked the girls for the prices or help with the bill, they said they didn’t had money and did not knew the prices as there were theirs first time there… The waitress treat me to call the police if I dont pay the total bill. My vacation trip got ruined with this fraud and left me a very bad taste of Budapest. The girls were professionals actress, they work for the place and I end up paying a big bill.

• Business Travel

• Budapest Nightclubs: "Ship Factory Island"

by liquidz Updated Sep 19, 2009

Yep, as someone wrote down there, you can have really big parties on this island!

In the summer you have more places open, more times (from wed to sunday):
    - Dokkolo: progressive house boat on thu,fri,sat, around 10pm-5am, no entry fee, around 500 faces
    - Bed Beach: club/electro on wed,fri,sat, same time, 8eur entry fee, around 3000 faces. VIP 20eur, worth a visit.
    - Dokk Beach: R&B on fri,sat, 4eur entry fee, closes around 5am, 2000 faces
    - Coronita: progressive house afterparty and more... starts at 4am. On sat it is open until 12am, on sunday it "closes" at 5pm (13 hours after opening), but.... another club's after-afterparty opens at 5pm, and closes at around 5am, on monday...... 1000 faces, but it is sometimes opened together with Dokk, thus can swallow cca 3500 as well.
    These all are within around 800meters.

In the winter:
    - Studio opens each second week's saturday with around 5-6000 faces when full, great common party for everyone (4 eur cover fee), 10pm-5am. VIP around 20eur (I would never go for VIP...).
    - Dokk opens each week's fri and sat, 10pm-5am, 4eur fee, around 3000 faces. VIP 20eur, does not really worth it, only if it's fullhouse. On friday it's dance/electro, on saturdays there are 1-2 more-or-less commonly known DJs invited; sometimes opened together with Studio as well to gather 8thousands!!!! faces....

All on these places the normal cocktails (bacardi+coke and something like that) are around 6eur, beer 3-4eur, water 2eur.

Also on the island, but further a bit, is MokkaCuka, for a bit slower rythms, mostly r&b/slow electro.

That's about the island...

Addresses:
    studio-eh.hu
    clubcoronita.hu
    dokkclub.hu
    dokkbeach.hu
    bedbeach.hu

Dress Code: In the summer you'll find a white party once each month on Bed Beach, wednesday. You'll have to wear full white (except shoes). Otherwise, there is absolutely no dress code. Most people come in jeans and some trendy t-shirt - you can be a bit more elegant if you want to show you're full.... Girls really do like that..

For girls... you can almost wear anything you'd like (except for the white party), the less the better :-)

• School Holidays

• Kerts and Romkocsmas: The Starting point for Budapest nightlife novices

by vtokarev Updated Mar 27, 2008

The two words to know for Budapest are kerts ("gardens") and romkocsma ("ruin-pubs"). Do a search for "Budapest kert" and you'll get a bevy of articles written about most of the best places. However, some of the newest ones you'll have to ask around.

Corvinteto (corvinteto.com) is great as it is on the roof of an old department store. Szimpla (szimpla.hu) is the "original kert." Piaf Klub is a really interesting and maybe a bit scary bunch of clientele in the early hours of the morn when everywhere else is closed. (piafklub.hu)

A38 ship is a cool venue (a38.hu) on the Buda side. Zold Pardon (zp.hu) is a beer garden and music venue at night frequented by students of the nearby uni.

There's also a 24 party club scene going on Hajogyari Island in III which you may be interested in. Do a search for "hajogyari sziget" or "hajogyari island" for more articles and info.

Check out the decent recs on these pages for things I missed:

Have a great time!

• jlfloyd's Profile Photo

Cafe Del Rio: Nightlife

by jlfloyd Written Jun 26, 2008

This is a cool night club that is an open air complex. It has multiple bars and 2 dance floors, one with techno and one with American hip-hop music. Its a really fun place with both locals and people from all over the world. Its a bit more expensive than other clubs I heard of in Budapest, with cover for girls being free and guys were 1000HUF. A mixed drink will set you back 1300 HUF. Its a fun place though and is open until the sun rises.

Dress Code: More than casual, but not particularly dressed up. I think shorts or jerseys for men is not okay, but jeans and nicer shirts are accepted. They advertise they use face control, but I dont know how strict that is.

• Budapest Nightclubs: jlfloyd - nightclub

by liquidz Updated Sep 19, 2009

Sorry I cannot comment "jlfloyd on June 26, 2008".
    homeclubbbudapest is closed at all :-(
    but what he wrote about, is "rio" and "zold pardon".Rio is open only in the summer.

Anyway, if you want to check what's up, go on http://partyphoto.hu/. Even if it's hungarian, up there you'll find what's up on the closest dates, or you can check your dates on the right in the calendar. Everything is written 1 week ahead..

Dress Code: almost nowhere.

Instant Answers: Budapest