A neat statue of a bear reading a story to its cubs and some children. This endearing obelisk was spotted at a school in the hills of Buda.
The Winter Harbor
This is the Ujpest Harbor in the north of Bp., as you can see this is a "dead branch" of the Danube, so it is still frosen (it's 6 C warm).
Building that the Nazi's occupied during WWII. Building is on Castle Hill, overlooking Danube. Only building from WWII not destroyed.Related to:
- Historical Travel
The Danube River flows through central Budapest, Hungary's Parliament is at right, on the east bank.Related to:
Town is the Royale Palace.
The palace houses a number of museums including the National Gallery, which has an enormous collection devoted exclusively to Hungarian art.Related to:
Famous Fishermen's Bastion.
It has commanding views over the city and is dominated by seven gleaming turrets, representing the seven Magyar tribes who entered the Carpatian Basin in the 9th century.Related to:
The most beautiful of the Danube's eight bridges, the Szechenyi Chain Bridge.
Spanning the Danube between I.Clark Adam square, and Roosevelt Square.Related to:
One the top of the Hill border of the Nature Protected Area of Buda, the most beautiful view on Budapest.Related to:
View from Normafa
Those who like mountain climbing a trip from Moszkva Quare up to Normafa will not be ultimate challange, but will prove a good excursion.
Guided tours are frequently started from Moszkva Quare.Related to:
- Family Travel
NORMAFA Part Two
Normafa and surrounding are located on the Western ouskiets of Buda. Most of the area is
covered by forest.Related to:
A lot of tourists miss turkish...
A lot of tourists miss turkish baths in Budapest. It is isolated spot of orient in the middle of Europe. You must see that and enjoy in steam, hot water and hungarian girls in swimming suits :)
Hungarian National Museum is...
Hungarian National Museum is generally regarded as one of the most beautiful neoclassical buildings in Budapest. The film Evita starring Madonna was filmed at this site.
You have to look hard, but...
You have to look hard, but there are shops with unique things to sell. This sign caught my eye. It wasn't for sale, so I took a picture instead!
Karcsi Vendeglo at VI Jokai...
Karcsi Vendeglo at VI Jokai utca 20 had not only the most authentic and inexpensive Hungarian food I found, they also had a cheap Internet cafe upstairs.
The grave of Bela Bartok. He died in New York and several years ago his remains were brought back to Budapest. He lies in next to the director Georg Solti who was once his pupil.
If you can afford it, the Gresham Palace, a 5 star luxury hotel owned by the Four Seasons group has...more
I am staying at Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I had a very bad experience which I have never had before...more
The rooms with the floor to ceiling windows that look across the Danube River at the Parliment...more
Latest Budapest Hotel Reviews
- Best Western Grand Hotel Hungaria
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 9 Reviews
- Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest
- Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 5 Reviews
- Le Meridien Budapest
- Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
- Corinthia Hotel Budapest
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
- Mercure Budapest Korona
- Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
- Marco Polo Hostel
- Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 22 Reviews
- Mercure Budapest City Center
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 10 Reviews
- Boscolo New York Palace Hotel Budapest
- Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
- Budapest Apartment 4 (Locust Tree Apartments)
- Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
- InterContinental Budapest
- Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 13 Reviews
Explore the World
- Vialonga Hotels
- Acton Hotels
- Lake Elsinore
- Georgetown Hotels
- Manaoag Hotels
- Nathan Bedford Forrest State Park
- Vancouver Island Off The Beaten Path
- Wyoming Off The Beaten Path
- Majorca Island Off The Beaten Path
- Marburg an der Lahn Off The Beaten Path
- Seoul Off The Beaten Path
- Miami Off The Beaten Path
- Province of Ontario Off The Beaten Path
- Jordan Off The Beaten Path
- Rochester Off The Beaten Path
- Iceland Off The Beaten Path