Cafe Miro, Budapest

3.5 out of 5 stars 8 Reviews

I. Úri utca 30. +36 1 201 55 73

• Cafe Miro - Budapest: Horrible experience - Bad food, terrible service

by camillaua Written Aug 19, 2013

Horrid Experience. The design of the place is lovely. However, food is just bland, nothing special, and the service is terrible.
    The waiter followed us and threatened us to pay the full 12% service after leaving the place. We had paid 10% and only €0.50 was due. Horrible place and experience.

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

Cafe Miro: Castle Hill Trendy

by shrimp56 Updated Mar 8, 2013

Cafe Miro

This is a small cafe very near Mathias Templon on Castle Hill. The design is drawn from the images of the Spanish artist, Juan Miro. It used to serve only coffee, various drinks and desserts, but now it has widened its menu to include sandwiches. It's a nice break from sightseeing!

• The best Hungarian dished in Café Miró!: Try it, you wont regret it!

by max011 Updated Apr 4, 2011

I live in Hungary, next to Budapest. I often go to my favourite restaurant ewhich located in the heart of Budapest.

I think Café miró is a very famous restaurant here because hosts are friendly and main dishes are fantastic! I always eat Buttery veal roast or Paprika chicken with egg-dumpling souffle. And prices are ordinary, not expensive.

Wine selection is mostly Hungarian Wines. My favourite wine is Tokaji in this restaurant.

I tell all my friends to go and eat there if they are going to Budapest.

You can read and watch more information and pictures under Café Miró's website http://www.cafemiro.hu/grande/

Favorite Dish: I think Café Miró's chef prepared the best Hungarian dishes in Budapest, for example Goulash soup, 'Lecsó', etc.

• Café Miró Grande: Best in downtown

by philip02 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Booked this restaurant for my wifes anniversary which proved an extremely disappointing evening to say the least!! This is very pleasant restaurant, one of the few I have regularly gone back to! The service was excellent, the hosts were friendly and the food was delicious!
    The house wine was suprisingly good!
    I suggest that you should try this restaurant!
    Regards

Favorite Dish: Chicken paprika
    Goulash soup
    Belgian chocolate cake

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Cafe Miro: Goulash

by Gypsystravels Updated Feb 28, 2008

My Goulash

I was walking around the Old Town Castle District and decided to come in for a meal after looking over their menu.

The restaurant is quite Eclectic and Miro inspired works of art are all over the interior. The tables and chairs have a Miroesque feel, the walls are painted orange and the interior is quite large. The large windows give the interior a nice took and are opened during the warmer months.

The service did leave a bit to be desired...my food took forever to arrive and I only ordered a Goulash.

When the check arrived the waitress pointed out that the meal did not include gratuity...I thought that was a big turnoff.

Favorite Dish: I wanted to try a Hungarian Goulash and this place had it on the menu. I was not dissapointed. It was hearty and very tasty and came with two slices of bread.. I ordered a Dreher to go with my meal.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Cafe Miro: Cafe Miro, Castle Hill

by MalenaN Written Apr 1, 2006

Eating at Cafe Miro

Having been to another Café Miro where the food had been excellent we wanted to try the Café Miro in Castle Hill. To our disappointment the food was not as good as at Café Miro in Mammut. I had Sirloin Beef with Roquefort and potatoes croquettes (2890 ft).
    The café is a colourful place with bright colours on the walls, metal chairs and a few sofas. There is also art by local artists for sale, hanging on the wall.

• jeoren's Profile Photo

Cafe Miro: Cafe Miro

by jeoren Written Jan 13, 2006

Cafe Miro

Cafe Miro is situated in front of the Matthias church on the castle of Budapest. Although the interior is very pleasant, the cafe is very expensive and rather remoted. That's one of the reasons it closes at 23 or midnight. I can't imagine it's busy here usually.

But considering the fact most of the cafes in the citycentre deceive their guests, cafe Miro is safe alternative to go for some hours.

• dcwizard's Profile Photo

Cafe Miro.: Coffee around Buda Castle

by dcwizard Written Feb 12, 2004

Slavica, Goga, and Milena from Zagreb at Cafe Miro

If you wander around the Buda Hill and castle district at all during your visit to Budapest, you will probably run into the Miro Café. There aren't too many café choices on Buda Hill, but this is a good choice. Funky décor inspired by the artist, plenty of windows letting in the light and providing a great view of St. Matthias Church, and a good drink selection make this a great place to rest your feet before continuing your trek around Buda Castle. The food isn't the best so head elsewhere for a sit down lunch or dinner. There are other Miro Cafes in Westend and Mammut shopping malls.

Favorite Dish: Try the Dali cappucino, which has plenty of milk and honey.

• Business Travel
    • Singles

Instant Answers: Budapest

Comments

Hotels Near Cafe Miro
4.0 out of 5 stars