Sir Lancelot, Budapest

3.5 out of 5 stars 5 Reviews

Podmaniczky u. 14. +36 1 302 4456
    My brother with a knight friend
    by muratkorman
  • My brother's wife accompanied by another knight
    My brother's wife accompanied by another...
    The big platter (before)

• muratkorman's Profile Photo

Sir Lancelot Knights' Restaurant: Meat Fest

by muratkorman Written Oct 11, 2007

Sir Lancelot has a medieval concept as you can tell from the name. The waiters and waitresses are all dressed in medieval clothes. The decoration is reflecting the middle ages era. The music you hear is medieval and even there are some shows like sword fighting or fire eating during dinner. The menu focuses on meat of all types and if you come with a group, I suggest you to order one of those big platters which is carried by two people on your table. The food is great, the service is excellent and the shows are interesting. It is also exciting to eat with your hands as you won't be served any fork. For a medieval dinner experience, this is the right place.

Favorite Dish: You can choose any type of meat, but the big platters are cool :)

The big platter (before) The big platter (after) My brother with a knight friend My brother's wife accompanied by another knight

• Sir Lancelot: Find a restaurant

by milany Written Mar 23, 2009

It is hard to find a good restaurant in foreign country even harder to find the right one.
    Though Sir Lancelot is one of a kind, there is still many restaurants that are undiscovered by foreigners. The one place what even the natives use to find a good place is Hope that you find the right place for you.

• hungariangirl896's Profile Photo

Sir Lancelot Knights Restaurant: A Medieval Dining Experience

by hungariangirl896 Written Sep 6, 2012

Eating at Sir Lancelot restaurant is definitely an interesting experience. You can sit on some old, wooden picnic benches in what looks like a medieval castle while eating oversized plates of food. Dishes such as grilled vegetables, glazed ribs, and roast duck await you. The food is served on large platters and in true medieval style, only spoons and knives are allowed. There's also a wide selection of wines available. During the dinner, you will be entertained by medieval musicians, bellydancers, fire-eaters, and fencing. The shows, atmosphere, and food create a one-of-a-kind experience.

Favorite Dish: The chicken dish with fruit that I ordered was pretty good.

• Wine Tasting

• Sir Lancelot Lovagi Etterem - Sir Lancelot Knights: Overrated: Food & Atmosphere

by gaiusmarius Written Dec 25, 2006

When we made reservations, we expected to find the Lancelot quite crowded when we was not. Nevertheless, we were shunted off to a little used room which was far from the promised music and festivities. The decor there and in the entire restaurant was medieval schlok.. crummy, cheap swordish items, shields, et al. Obviously, I cannot comment on the entertainment since we were so far away it was only a rumour. I received the definite impression that we were correctly identified as American tourists and therefore deemed not worthy of good seating.
    The menu is most confusing leading one to order much more than should be necessary. However, most of that served was either potato or fat, so unless you ate all the potatos, the amount was not as large as it seemed. The food came on an immense platter, but when you removed the potatoes, the remainder was not a noteworthy amount. The ribs and pork were noteworthily fatty. When you removed the fat, there was not all that much. The flavor was not very good. I would not go back either for the food nor the atmosphere.
    The server was pleasant, helpful, but his primary duties were in the "important" rooms.

Lancelot's is a tourist trap. I cannot account for the good reviews which appear in Virtual Tourist. I should have listened to our conceriege's gentle hint to go elsewhere. I would not go there again. There are many better places to eat.

Favorite Dish: We had a variety of beef, chicken, and pork items. None were very good, albeit not awful. However, none of it was worth a trip to Budapst nor the time expended at Lancelot's. As mentioned, the Lancelot could use the motto, "Fat Are Us".

• MLW20's Profile Photo

Sir Lancelot: Medieval Times Arrrghhhhhhhhhh

by MLW20 Written Sep 12, 2006

This restaurant was really funny. There are suits or armor and weapons decorating the place. The staff are all dressed up in medieval outfits. There is also a show as you eat- sword fighting, a fire eater, belly dancer etc....

The menu is hard to figure out since it is written in code. The portions were huge. There are no forks given at the restaurant, you only get a knife and spoon.

The restaurant is worth checking out for the decor and atmosphere. The food is secondary here.

Favorite Dish: I had a beef soup which was very good. My main course was rabbit with bread dumplings. The meat was decent but a bit dry. The sauce with it was ok.

Cool armor Rabbit with bread dumpling Entrance House band