Soul Cafe, Budapest

Raday utca 11-13 +36 1 217 6989

• Soul Cafe
    by dtamas
  • Andrew_W_K's Profile Photo

Soul Cafe and Restaurant: The Smoked Cheese....WOW!

by Andrew_W_K Written May 4, 2009

This is one of the finest restaurants I have ever been to. The interior is as I would describe "posh rustic" and the food is simply devine. A good indication of how good a restaurant is is how busy they are and they were full when I was there. I hadn't reserved a table either so I was lucky they fitted me in.

Favorite Dish: The smoked cheese with apricots and potato dumplings was an unbelievable taste sensation.

• stefank60's Profile Photo

Soul Cafe: Very Good Food at good prices

by stefank60 Updated Jun 25, 2009

A fantastic place that is very nice, has great food, good service from friendly staff at very affordable prices. It was my favourite restaurant of all the places we visited in our 5 days in Budapest.

I was perusing the menu and under the soups section saw:

Goulash Soup
    French Onion Soup
    Cold Raspberry Soup with Lemon Sorbet

This intrigued me so I plumped for the Raspberry Soup - it was certainly different and I enjoyed it - more so with each spoonfull.

For main course I went for the chicken dish as below. This was absolutely delicious .. so much so that I had the same thing again the next day everything was just perfect on this dish - the sauce it came in was very fruity and so tasty, the dumplings wonderful. I'm salivating now just thinking about this dish.

I strongly recommend trying this dish and also highly recommend this establishment.

Favorite Dish: Chicken medallions baked in bacon with roasted apricots and home made potato dumplings.

Instant Answers: Budapest