Soul Café & Restaurant, Budapest

1092 Budapest, Raday utca 11-13 +36 1 217 6989

September at Soul Cafe
    Raday utca
    by budapest8
  • Marta the owner and VTer. She travels alot.
    Marta the owner and VTer. She travels...
  • stefank60's Profile Photo

Soul Cafe: Very Good Food at good prices

by stefank60 Updated Jun 25, 2009

A fantastic place that is very nice, has great food, good service from friendly staff at very affordable prices. It was my favourite restaurant of all the places we visited in our 5 days in Budapest.

I was perusing the menu and under the soups section saw:

Goulash Soup
    French Onion Soup
    Cold Raspberry Soup with Lemon Sorbet

This intrigued me so I plumped for the Raspberry Soup - it was certainly different and I enjoyed it - more so with each spoonfull.

For main course I went for the chicken dish as below. This was absolutely delicious .. so much so that I had the same thing again the next day everything was just perfect on this dish - the sauce it came in was very fruity and so tasty, the dumplings wonderful. I'm salivating now just thinking about this dish.

I strongly recommend trying this dish and also highly recommend this establishment.

Favorite Dish: Chicken medallions baked in bacon with roasted apricots and home made potato dumplings.

• Andrew_W_K's Profile Photo

Soul Cafe and Restaurant: The Smoked Cheese....WOW!

by Andrew_W_K Written May 4, 2009

This is one of the finest restaurants I have ever been to. The interior is as I would describe "posh rustic" and the food is simply devine. A good indication of how good a restaurant is is how busy they are and they were full when I was there. I hadn't reserved a table either so I was lucky they fitted me in.

Favorite Dish: The smoked cheese with apricots and potato dumplings was an unbelievable taste sensation.

• Soul Café & Restaurant: chocolate cake to die for !!!!!

by andrewlaidler Written Oct 28, 2005

This is simply one fine restaurant. On the rady strip of cafes and restaurants this one shines out ilke a beacon. Bistro in stylem the food is first class and the service is slick, quick, friendly and funky. Never been disappointed and it offers great value for money. What to recommend - take your pick - you will not be disappointed. The starters can be rather large in size , so be warned !

excellent value for money given the super quality on offer

Favorite Dish: the chocolate cake on the dessert menu is worth travelling over for !

• budapest8's Profile Photo

Soul Café & Restaurant: If you love Med style cuisine

by budapest8 Updated Sep 12, 2005

Marta the owner and VTer. She travels alot.

I am a bit biased maybe as I know the owner but she is a sticker for details and as a traveller herself has taken great care to make your visit worthwhile and a culinery delight. Also good people watching place if you sit outside and watch the folks wander down the Raday utca.

Favorite Dish: Love the seafood dishes and wok dishes.

• MartaSoul's Profile Photo

Soul Café & Restaurant: Foods from Soul

by MartaSoul Written Aug 5, 2005

Foods from the world, tasty, big portions and modern plates.Friendly waiters and good music.There is terrace also. The atmosphere is so kind. with candels and low light.

Favorite Dish: -Chiken soup with pesto,
    -Chicken strips baked with apricot-mustard honey rolled in bacon with fried apricot, onion and potato doughnut,
    -Cake with hot chocolate with ice cream

• m-gem's Profile Photo

Soul Café & Restaurant: A very memorable meal

by m-gem Updated May 20, 2005

This was one of the best restaurants I've been to on holiday. Not the least because it broke a trend we had of eating at crap touristy places on our first night in a new place because we couldn't be bother to find something better. The restaurant has a lovely warm, simple, rustic interior. The food was quite different, using unique combinations. I had chicken cooked in sweet chili sauce which lead me to start trying a similar recipe at home. I know Budapest can be cheap compared to what we are used to in Western Europe, but it was brilliant to get a bill for two courses and drinks that came out to about 25 eur, _for two_. A couple of friends went to Soul Cafe as well on my recommendation and came back so happy about it, it earned me a Toblerone. =) The only downside to my experience there was I remember the waiters not being very kind and taking forever to notice us flagging them down.

Favorite Dish: The ever memorable melted chocolate cake: perfectly baked and slightly crisp on the outside, molten chocolate oozing out of the middle. Heaven. Every chocolate cake I ever eat again will be compared to this.

Instant Answers: Budapest