Szep Ilona Etterem - Szep Ilona Restaurant, Budapest

1021 Budapest, Budakeszi út 1 +36 1 275 1392

• FRONA's Profile Photo

Szep Ilona: Great local restaurant!

by FRONA Updated Oct 30, 2005

Budapest

On Buda side, very Hungarian ambience. The place is quite small for the crowd it gets. Better reserve on time. The interior is classic wood with red color and the waiters wear those socialistic looking uniforms with white shirts and red gillets. And as a must of course, a moustache!!! When I was there, they also had very nice music in the place with violins, harmonica and a trumpet. I quite liked the place except it was a bit short on space.

Favorite Dish: Zweck palinka, Duck in Brandy and orange sauce. Great fresh flavor, didnt have to wait long, nice personnel.

• roadnottaken's Profile Photo

Szep Ilona: Delicious Hungarian Food

by roadnottaken Written May 29, 2004

Szep Ilona Restaurant in Buda

The atmosphere is very relaxed and there is outdoor seating (at least in the summer). Given the fact that its location in Buda is not right in the centre of the city, this is not your typical overpriced tourist-trap type of establishment. I don't remember exactly what the bill came out to, but I remember thinking it very reasonable (even for a student budget).

Favorite Dish: I really liked the duck with stewed cabbage. This Hungarian specialty is mouthwatering. You really have to try it for yourself as I don't think I could do it justice. I am not sure whether they still serve this as I went there quite some time ago.

Instant Answers: Budapest