Pubs & Beer, Budapest

• %cr%b BEER BEER BEER
    BEER BEER BEER
    by frankyboy5
  • stevehallam's Profile Photo

pub crawl with yellow zebra

by stevehallam Updated May 3, 2005

It was a tough decision as we like to do things on our own. On the balance we are glad we went. The guide was not very enthusiastic and told us very little about the places we went to and of relevence to the tour theme. The first pub - we could drink all we wanted fot the first hour (draft beer) the pub was very local and had no give-away pub signs on the exterior - if yu weren't local you weren't finding it - the beer had no name and was made in the next village (apparently) = and was actually rather good.
    The next pub again would be hard to relocate - through a court yard and polythene doors and you were in a warehouse! there were several table football tables a bar and a lot of space - Ok though.
    the Third pub was a nice atmospheric place - we had a shot in here (slivovic or unicum) the last pub was wierd - a tumbled down old factory or similar with an orchestra playing - patio heaters and couches. the guide failed several atempts to lose the party and we even managed to squeeze in an extra pub at the end (chachacha)

wierd

• Beer Tasting in Budapest

by frankyboy5 Written Jan 4, 2006

There are 12 major breweries in Hungary, all are foreign owned!
    Dreher being the best known brewed in Kobanya a suburb
    of Budapest. The brewery dates from the 18th century.
    A lot of well known brands are also brewed under liscence.
    A `pohar` 0.33 L costs about 250 HUF (1 Euro) and a `Korsar`

• Adventure Travel

• Budapest-Pubcrawl's Profile Photo

Pub Crawl in Budapest

by Budapest-Pubcrawl Written Jul 4, 2008

Budapest? Nightlife? Where to go out?
    Join to the Budapest Pub Crawl called "AllNightCrash". This is the best (and maybe the cheapest)way to know Budapest's underground nightlife, to walk around the streets downtown, to know many bars, and clubs (even outdoor places) where the local people have fun as well.
    Free shots, all night long!!! The AllnightCrash guys show you the real face of Budapest.
    Must-known Experience..

• Music

• LLadrien's Profile Photo

pubtrip

by LLadrien Written May 21, 2010

There is many hidden cool places, but certainly I could not find them if I have not got the locals. I sincerely just can advise Budapest Pubs. The some of the touristic ones are expensive and not that good - not my style, shame - but in the 5th 6th 7th 8th districts you can find a lot good, underground, art places... Budapest is full of tourist at the moment, but If you spend a bit to find the local services Iam sure you will have been a right spots.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• LLadrien's Profile Photo

pubtrip and clubbing

by LLadrien Written Jun 4, 2010

Hi there,

Over the many many beautiful places I advise you a local hidden places in Budapest, coz Iam sure to find them is worthy. I met with a guy who actually working for a agency in Budapest called underguide and he introduced the real city for me. we just spent a wonderful day in the downtown and the jewish ditrict, there is many things to do. We visit places like simpla or instant and many other pubs and underground places that I could not remember any more (the names) I knew a lot about the history and the culture of the city and the country.. It was unforgettable :-9 I recommend to all of you :-)

Adrien

• Wine Tasting
    • Singles

• DrewV's Profile Photo

Pub V (Or all the stuff I didn't see)

by DrewV Written Oct 2, 2003

One of my nicknames growing up was V (as in DrewV). So I was all psyched to find this establishment in Pest. I also apologize for missing some of the cool parts of Pest, like St. Stephen's Basilica, Vorosmarty Ter, and the bustling streets of the Belvaros. Sadly, I ran out of film, and I spent most of my time in Budapest worrying about changing my flight so that I could get my darn tuberculosis shot. Don't worry -- one day I'll be back to Budapest and I'l get all the pictures I missed...

Instant Answers: Budapest

Comments

Hotels Near Pubs & Beer
0.1 miles away