Debrecen Nightlife

Most Recent Nightlife in Debrecen

• Great forest - Bekas-pond: Borkarneval - wine carnival

by Kovrchica Written Aug 8, 2011

Oh I must tell you about this night. First of all, this is the reason why I told you to get some tourist brochure from the info desk at the main square. Because, there is possibility to miss something so great like this carnival.

Borkarneval – Wine carnival has been settled in park near the University building. Locals are calling the Park a Great forest. The forest looks like a small fairy world with the large trees, small lakes and big shadow which protects you from the sun and the trolls (OK I love a fairy tales as you can see). When I have come closer to the place of carnival the music was louder, some kind of music from antic times. I thought that I will see some tent and broach :) but no :) it is 21 century after all. Atmosphere was great, friendly.

There were so many wine producers from all around of Hungary. I love wine very much. I love everything about the wines: taste, smell, fine glasses, opening of the bottle, love and truth which come with the sip of wine, so maybe I can’t be objective but try to believe me.
    I have tasted really good wines, red and white. Personally I my number one was the Tokay white furmint wine :) I know that the boy at the desk had realised my devotion to this wine :)

Beside the wine offer, you can find a rich offer of cheese. I must say, I have never seen so much different types of cheese in one plays. For most of it I did not know that exist and they certainly did not look like cheese. More like a black piece of something :)

So I had a two of my loves: wine and cheese. And if you think that was it, oh you are so wrong. I must say about the music that night. There were several of Bands over there, but one made a great impression to all of us. There was some Gypsy band that had played a great music. When they started to play, everyone was up on fits end started to dance. It was really funny because it is not a rhythm that we know. So, each of us had a personal type of dance, but no one cared about it because I think that we were under some gypsy magic that night (or maybe it was wine).

I will never forget that magical evening in Great Forest.

Dress Code: :) what ever you want, I think that no one would noticed :)

Joy Bar: JOY Bar

by chagi1 Updated Nov 12, 2002

This bar has a bit too small of a dance floor, this is especially evident on Friday nights when all the students are out!!!!!! There are several seats and tables throughout the bar as well a small casino where you can spend even more money!!!!! The dance music is mostly hip hop style!

Dress Code: no dress code

Genius: Genius dance bar

by chagi1 Written Nov 12, 2002

This beautifully decorated night spot is a hit on Saturdays. The decor is somewhat plush with Red fabric like walls and pictures throughout. There are few seats and tables available, but they fill up quickly!!! There is an entrance fee BUT hang on to your stub and you can use it towards a drink at the 3 different bars inside!!!!!

Dress Code: No dress code!

El Tarnado: El Tarnado

by chagi1 Written Sep 12, 2002

This is a Western style bar/restaurant that is quite crowded in the evenings. The waiters are usually dressed in Western attire with boots, pistols, and cowboy hats. The interior is all of wood and quite cozy if you don't mind the crowd. There is somewhat of a dancefloor but not big enought to really 'get down' ;o)

Dress Code: no dress code here!!

Instant Answers: Debrecen

Comments

Debrecen Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Debrecen nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Debrecen sightseeing.