Szentendre Restaurants

• Restaurants
    Delicious langos!

Most Recent Restaurants in Szentendre

• Turska's Profile Photo

Dunacorso: Only tried the langos..

by Turska Written Oct 20, 2013
    Delicious langos!

.. but what a langos!! They were not a bit too greasy, but still original enough. Like the ones we had at last visit at 2006. In some places these look like pizza today, but we want them to be simple like the ones we had had at first visit. There was lots of other food also, but don´t remember what it was.
    The place looked little bit too fancy to have a langos and a beer, but we sat outside with blankets and survived fine ;) In the November, I mean.

Favorite Dish: Langos with garlic, sour cream and cheese

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

Dorothea bistro café: Dorothea bistro café

Dorothea bistro caf��

This was a lovely spot. We had just returned from daytrip to Visegrad and were desperate for a beer. This cute place with just 4-5 tables outside under the tree seemed great. We ordered a beer (500huf for pint of Heineken) and a cold coffee(490huf but wasn’t good at all).

It was very relaxing sitting there and watching the people passing by the small street.
    They have some other beers (490Ft most of them but they have some more expensive too for 680 or 800Ft), soft drinks (380Ft), Cocktails for 600Ft etc Not food options here.

Art café: Art café

Art caf��

Later in the evening we just needed a last coffee, the sun was already set and most places had placed small candles outside at the tables. We just stopped at this café, the service was very slow but the girl apologized with a big smile.

It was so dark that I didn’t really take any good pic of the place itself (you can see it on pic 1) but just some of the surrounded area.
    We took a Cappuccino and fresh orange juice. The bill was 1240Ft, kind of expensive for local standards.

Lola Cukraszda: Lola Cukraszda

Lola Cukraszda

We had just arrived at Szentendre and started to walk up the main pedestrian street. We stoped at this tiny café just to drink something before we start sighseeing. The sign on the door inform us that it dates from 1954. The temperature was really high that day (38’C!), so we just stood at one of the outdoor tables although there weren’t people passing by at that time.

The friendly lady informed me that they don’t have fresh orange juice so we ordered a beer and a small icecream (650Ft for both)

It’s open daily 10.00-20.00 (although during the week closes earlier)

• VanessaD's Profile Photo

Szamos Marcipan Muzeum Cukraszda: lousy cake, coffee same owners as marzipan museum

by VanessaD Written Jun 19, 2012

The place looks nice when you enter, I orderd a simple iced coffee because i wanted something cool and refreshing. It was so hot outside. She brings me 2 drops of hot coffee doused with whipped cream and some poor quality vanilla ice cream with a pirouette on top. It was horrible. They dont speak English very well so I couldnt communicate with her. The cake wasn't good and the prices are excessively high .

I ordered a bottled water, since the "hot" "iced coffee" (with no coffee in it) didnt at all quench my thirst and then she brings me warm bottled water ! (which took her 25 minutes to bring me and we were the only customers in the place) The girl working there is totally incompetent

Dont go here, its a tourist trap for sure with an ignorant girl working there

Favorite Dish: None

• VanessaD's Profile Photo

Aranysarkany Restaurant : The Golden Dragon: Horrific food in Szentendre, Hungary

by VanessaD Updated Jun 19, 2012

All the silverware had food stuck on it ! We told the owner and he didnt even apologize. The goulash was served in a bread basket, overly salty with poor quality meat and no noodles, just awful potatoes. It wasn't hot enough and the quality was pure garbage ! The salmon dish with tagliatelle and truffles would have been good if the pasta wasn't doused with so much salt ! The salt ruined the dish entirely. They put some bad quality pieces of pork like meat in the pasta which ruined it as well. The food is bad quality at very high prices. they seem to cook with way too much salt in this dive which is a definite indication that the cook is not well trained and not competent in the kitchen. Stay away from this tourist trap ! The food is garbage and you will pay dearly for it. You are better off eating in your Hungarian grandma's home, if you are lucky enough to have one...

The owner is not helpful and not welcoming at all. They will bring you drinks with no ice unless you ask for it. The place isn't very comfortable and the chairs are hard as a rock. This is a very bad restaurant, but they have all these unwarranted awards all over their walls ! I wonder who gave these awards to them ? Perhaps the owner himself ? Im always suspicious when a place needs to show their accolades on their walls. Good food should speak for itself and in this case it doesnt have a voice. Save your money and eat elsewhere

Favorite Dish: None

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

Aranysárkány Restaurant: The Golden Dragon Restaurant

by shrimp56 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Picture is from their website.

A traditional Hungarian restaurant just a brief walk from the main square. Our lunch here was delicious, although the cherry soup was not in season :(

Favorite Dish: Have lunch at The Golden Dragon, and if the Cold Cherry Soup is in season don't miss it.
    The menu http://www.aranysarkany.hu/com/etlap.tdp

• leics's Profile Photo

Szamos Marcipan cafe: Looooovely cake.......

by leics Updated Aug 9, 2009

Cafe exterior

It was very, very hot and I was desperate for a coffee, a beer and something to raise my blood sugar.

This place, next door to Szentendre's rather odd marzipan museum and run by the sme people, had shaded tables outside.......which was essential for me........and some empty tables too.

I knew it would be pricier than somewhere further off the tourist track, but I was just too hot to bother wandering anywhere else..

The prices weren't too bad actually. Just a little more than one would normally pay.

The cakes, as one would expect, were truly superb. I had a slice of Esterhazy cake, with the thinnest of sponge layers divided by nutty cream. Really delicious.

Interestingly, it was the only place I was given a glass of water with my espresso.

Very pleasant service too, with English quite good enough to cope with my appalling attempts at Hungarian!

Favorite Dish: A variety of cakes on offer.........you will have difficulties in choosing. :-)

• Singles
    • Seniors

• csordila's Profile Photo

Aranysárkány - Golden Dragon Inn: The Guest is the King!

by csordila Updated Jun 24, 2009

The Dragon

First of all it is important to comment, who would not know it yet, that this restaurant is not Chinese, its name comes from a famous Hungarian novel.
    This restaurant was one of the first privately owned businesses in Hungary during the Communists era. The food is excellent, very typical Hungarian but leading towards finer dining. Long wooden tables set with sterling cutlery provide a relaxed but tasteful atmosphere in this air-conditioned restaurant.
    The Golden Dragon is always filled to capacity, reservations highly suggested.

Favorite Dish: You can choose from such enticing offerings as Alpine lamb, Roast leg of goose, Székely-style stuffed cabbage, Spinach cream, Venison steak
    and my favourite, the Dragon broth, a boiling hearty soup, loaded with beef chunks and sliced vegetables and topped with a little quail egg.

Vegetarians can order the vegetable plate, a respectable presentation of grilled and steamed vegetables in season.
    Various traditional Hungarian beers are on draft, and the wine list features selections from 22 regions of the country.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• mvtouring's Profile Photo

Angyal Borozó: Angyal Borozó

by mvtouring Written Apr 15, 2009

This was a little wine cellar that fell in disuse and became a restaurant. Being a cellar, the restaurant is located in the cozy, dark basement of the building. Once again, we did not eat here, just stopped and checked the menu. They seemed to have some lovely Hungarian dishes and pickles.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo

Gorog Kavezo: Gorog Kavezo

by mvtouring Written Apr 15, 2009

We did not eat anything here, I was just very attracted to the Greek decor on the doors. Maybe cause I was going to Greece in approx two months time and could not wait. I love Greek food, but not my friend. This little Greek Taverna is located on the Danube.

• pumukliboti's Profile Photo

Palapa Mexican Restaurant: Original Mexico in a beautiful hugarian town

by pumukliboti Written Oct 12, 2007

I never have had such a perfect mexican taste, travelled a lot (unfortunately not to Mexico yet) but Palapa rocks the top!
    Wonderful ambience, realistic ornaments, good choice of music, (live at weeksends), in the heart of this cute little town, one part of the restaurant is built onto the original cobble stones of the town's street.

Favorite Dish: Enchiladas rulez at Palapa, eveything is always fresh and the quality has been always stable in time
    (I live in Szentedre since my date of birth, and know this restaurant for years already, never had anything that didn't blow me away)

• Seniors
    • Study Abroad

• Museeuw's Profile Photo

Avakum coffeehouse: Nice bizarre place

by Museeuw Written Sep 7, 2007

I was immediately attracted to this quirky little café when we passed it. It really has some kind of kitchy cosiness. When the owner noticed he had clients, he turned on the radio which only played '80s music. Perfect!

• Museeuw's Profile Photo

Várdomb Vendéglo: Langosok are yummie!

by Museeuw Written Sep 7, 2007

This place had a very nice courtyard and it was really nice to have lunch there in the sunshine. The food was very good and the service was quick and friendly.

Favorite Dish: Langos (scones) stuffed with poultry liver on salad (1190 forint).

• erdacoca's Profile Photo

Szamosmarcipan: Chocolate lover's

by erdacoca Updated Jan 30, 2007

Lot's of sweets to taste, specially those little figures you put on top of cakes made of almonds I think and that you can eat them, well of those, lol. There's even a museum about it, seems the guy is pretty famous for them. At least in Hungary.

Bit expensive though, for what's usual, but good.

Heard chocolate is awesome!!!

Favorite Dish: Caffe late is very good, and people say the chocolate is awesome. I don't like chocolate, so whatever...

Instant Answers: Szentendre

Comments

Szentendre Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Szentendre restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Szentendre sightseeing.