Kaposvar Restaurants

On the way out
    The Tavern

Most Recent Restaurants in Kaposvar

• american_tourister's Profile Photo

Mozi Vilag Steakhouse: T-Bones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by american_tourister Updated Apr 4, 2011

We eat.  Then we dance the Maroushka!

It looks like a nightclub from outside but when you walk in you think you have entered a big Lone Star Cafe. This was without a doubt the best steak I have ever had in Europe.

It does not know whether it is a Wild West restaurant or a Tropical Rain Forest. It sort of reminds you of the Rainforest Cafe meets Bonanza.

Bar none, hands down, the best.

Favorite Dish: T-Bone steak with garlic butter. I liked it so much I came back and had it again! The goulash is good. The salads are fine and the wine is inexpensive and very good but the steaks! It's not Morton's or Ruth's Chris but after 6 months of no real steak or beef, just thin cut well done shoe leather, this was awesome.

They also have a decent Scotch menu and after 6 months the snifter of MacCallan's 12 year old was most appreciated!

• Trains
    • Work Abroad
    • Business Travel

• tamietann's Profile Photo

by tamietann Written Jun 29, 2008
    Chirke Paprika

I wish I could remember the name of the restaurant, but it was just past the pedistrain area and had great food. It was more like a Tavern. I had a hard time adjusting to people smoking everywhere. We tried hard to sit apart from people smoking, but they don't have the no smoking bans in Hungary.

Favorite Dish: I had Chirke Paprika which was chicken in a paprika sauce over a bed of little dumplings. The dish above it was some kind of pan fried chicken, pototoe and onion. That was delish! The bowl had ghoulash. It's not the same as ghoulash in the states, more of a soup. We liked this place so well that we went twice. We thought about ordering ice cream for dessert but we were so full that we couldn't possibly eat it. Ice Cream is a big crowd pleaser there.

• american_tourister's Profile Photo

Corso Restaurant: Great Goulash!

by american_tourister Updated Jul 11, 2007

Come on in, sit a spell, take your shoes off.

It is on the North corner of the Corso (walking street). It has continental cuisine and excellent service. It is quiet and is THE restaurant in Kaposvar.

By Kaposvar standards it is expensive but my buddy and I had Goulash, salad, steaks and beer and the bill came to about $23.00 US. No reservations needed. Plenty of tables.

Favorite Dish: Goulash. Beefy broth with enough paprika to spice it up. Succulent, sliced beef and thick chunks of potato. Not fancy but very, very good.

An interesting dish was the Stribling Steak. It is a schintzel steak that is folded over mustard and onion and then breaded and deep fried. Unusual but very good.

UPDATE - On a subsequent visit I had a dish of venison smothered in a sauce made of blueberrys and apple chunks along with a side of grilled vegetables. The venison was a was a little strange tasting and took several bites before I was used to it. Th grilled vegatables were perfect. They were just grilled enough to have all the juices seared in and were still crispy and flavorful. I washed it all down with a local Hefeweizen beer. Make sure and ask for extra lemon. They only give you a small slice.

• Business Travel

McDonald's: Mickey D's

by american_tourister Written Jan 23, 2005

Mickey D!

It's McDonald's. Nothing special you say! Well go some where that you don't have one and see just how good it is when you finally get one.

I was always Jonesing for Mikey D when I was in Bosnia and this was the closest fix.

Favorite Dish: The plain burger.

Instant Answers: Kaposvar

Comments

Kaposvar Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kaposvar restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kaposvar sightseeing.