Siofok Warnings and Dangers

• Odiseya's Profile Photo

Snake in lake

by Odiseya Updated Apr 5, 2014

Balaton lake snake

I was laying on beach shore and relaxing. In one moment I notice something among rocks on shore. One young water snake lift hers head high next to one rock and just watch me curiously, occasionally hiding behind a rock. Not a pretty sight or nice surprise! I found out that is not dangerous. My online research come up with the one possible name - The dice snake (Natrix tessellata). This is a European nonvenomous snake and it belonging to the family Colubridae, subfamily Natricinae. It can be found in many countries including mine.
    No, it didn't scare me enough to run from beach even not preventing me to step again in lake. I saw snake one more time enough to take photos of her.
    Balaton lake have a rich natural life in it and around it. The governments of surrounding counties recognize importance of preserving its flora and fauna.

• Eco-Tourism
    • Beaches

• ThiagoRamos's Profile Photo

Quiet town

by ThiagoRamos Written Sep 14, 2006
    Walking around

Things probably change a lot here during summer, but Siofok seemed to me a very quiet and peaceful city. Walking around seemed very safe.

On Sunday we came back from the city center to Adler Hotel (45 minutes walking) late at night. In spite of the complete darkness surrounding us, which was a little scary, I felt safe there.

• Beaches
    • School Holidays

• Gentleman75's Profile Photo

Extreme bills

by Gentleman75 Written Aug 2, 2004

Look for the prices before You order in a restaurant or a pub or somewhere else, because some place works with "free" prices. It means the price depends on the nationality of the guest. The foreign tourists sometimes get extreme bills!

• kaloz's Profile Photo

A Bad Mood can spoil a town.

by kaloz Written Nov 30, 2002
    Hazards of Fishing

I am sorry if this page is depressing, but I generally loved Hungary, perhaps it was the weather, or going from the beauty of Tihany to the modern and charmless Siofok, but every trip has it's low spot. This was mine, and I apologize. I hope someone builds a more positive site to show me what I missed. The picture is from Fertud.

Instant Answers: Siofok

Comments

Siofok Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Siofok warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Siofok sightseeing.