Siofok Warnings and Dangers

Best Rated Warnings and Dangers in Siofok

• Gentleman75's Profile Photo

Extreme bills

by Gentleman75 Written Aug 2, 2004

Look for the prices before You order in a restaurant or a pub or somewhere else, because some place works with "free" prices. It means the price depends on the nationality of the guest. The foreign tourists sometimes get extreme bills!

Snake in lake

by Odiseya Updated Apr 5, 2014

Balaton lake snake

I was laying on beach shore and relaxing. In one moment I notice something among rocks on shore. One young water snake lift hers head high next to one rock and just watch me curiously, occasionally hiding behind a rock. Not a pretty sight or nice surprise! I found out that is not dangerous. My online research come up with the one possible name - The dice snake (Natrix tessellata). This is a European nonvenomous snake and it belonging to the family Colubridae, subfamily Natricinae. It can be found in many countries including mine.
    No, it didn't scare me enough to run from beach even not preventing me to step again in lake. I saw snake one more time enough to take photos of her.
    Balaton lake have a rich natural life in it and around it. The governments of surrounding counties recognize importance of preserving its flora and fauna.

• Eco-Tourism
    • Beaches

Departure by train

by Odiseya Updated May 4, 2014

Siofok train station

When you get in train for Zagreb, be sure you are in right compartment. Namely, the same train is for domestic and international lines. I didn't know that so conductor was warning us several times that we must move backwards to the another compartments and on pore English said to us: "one, two, three" and it turn up that means that there is three category compartments and only last one - the third was for Zagreb. There is also and restaurant.

I get my train ticket just before departure at the local MAV ticket office. You can paid by euros but you will get change in HUF so pay attention to have small bank note. They accept FIP discount and if you have that (only family of worker on railways companies) you will get almost 50 % off. You don't need reservation, there was no seat reservation on the train but it is very crowd. Still, even we are move three times we manage to get seats.

Since on my traveling (summer 2013) there is still was border control on Hungarian Croatian border that was caused delay of train more then 1 hours. We was stand in Gyékényes, Hungary. We didn't left train and I don't recommended that. Bring your food and drinks or go to the train restaurant.
    I travel from Siofok to Zagreb Glavni Kolodvor almost 9 hours. It cost me 25 euros in one way without FIP discount and less of 15 euros with FIP discount for my sister.

I wish you safe and pleasant travel!

• Trains

Arrival by train in Siofok

by Odiseya Updated May 4, 2014

Siofok train station

After arriving on train station in Siofok I go to the station and look for information board or office. Sadly, it was not be successful task even persons was able to communicate on English enough. They suggest me to get a taxi.
    Instead, I get help from one nice elderly gentlemen from Hungary who explain me (using mix of German and English language) how to go on foot to the part of Siofok, since my hotel was almost 3 km from center (train station).

So, if you come to the train station or bus station and wont to go to the hotel that is in part of city call Újhely or anywhere near Balaton lake shore you must take underground passage and cross on other side from Siofok train station. Part of city call Újhely is further on south from Siofok train station. After crossing city bridge (original name: Baross hid) you will find a Erkel utca which is biggest and central street there. There is many houses for rent.

You could and should get from train station and find a official touristic office that is located in Siofok water tower very near train station and get a free map and there is friendly and English people that can you get all useful information that you need.
    I wish you pleasant stay in Siofok!

• Trains

• ThiagoRamos's Profile Photo

Quiet town

by ThiagoRamos Written Sep 14, 2006
    Walking around

Things probably change a lot here during summer, but Siofok seemed to me a very quiet and peaceful city. Walking around seemed very safe.

On Sunday we came back from the city center to Adler Hotel (45 minutes walking) late at night. In spite of the complete darkness surrounding us, which was a little scary, I felt safe there.

• Beaches
    • School Holidays

• kaloz's Profile Photo

A Bad Mood can spoil a town.

by kaloz Written Nov 30, 2002
    Hazards of Fishing

I am sorry if this page is depressing, but I generally loved Hungary, perhaps it was the weather, or going from the beauty of Tihany to the modern and charmless Siofok, but every trip has it's low spot. This was mine, and I apologize. I hope someone builds a more positive site to show me what I missed. The picture is from Fertud.

Instant Answers: Siofok

Comments

Siofok Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Siofok warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Siofok sightseeing.