Sports Events in Hungary

• Sports & Outdoors
    by rajmi
  • Sports & Outdoors
    by rajmi
    biking along the lake shore
    by croisbeauty

Most Viewed Sports & Outdoors in Hungary

• janicewilson's Profile Photo

Cycling in Northern Hungary. Lovely.

by janicewilson Updated Apr 4, 2011

Description Activity: Cycling from Gyongyos to Tokaj via Eger.

Rating System:

CA rank. My husband's rank. This rank is for folks who are hard core cyclists. My Honey competes at least once a month, and rides Colorado's foothills or mountains on a weekly basis.

JW rank. My rank. This rank is for folks who are married to hard core cyclists. I only dust off the bike for scenery that warrants a bruised bottom.

Scale. 1-10

DIFFICULTY

CA rank. 5. The climbs were eternal. Good work out.
    JW rank. 7. (Barely) within the realm of reason. Challenging yet manageable.

ROADS

CA rank. 8. Nice. Paved. Not much traffic.
    JW rank. 7. Based on my reading, the roads easily exceeded expectations. A dedicated shoulder would have been appreciated.

SCENERY & OTHER PERKS

CA rank. 7. Nice. Green. I liked the accessibility of the castle ruins. And the wine-tastings.
    JW rank. 7. Nice. Green. I enjoyed the intimate access to life beyond Budapest. And the wine-tastings.

ACCOMMODATIONS ALONG THE WAY

CA rank. 6. Most spots made satisfactory and convenient accommodations for our bikes. A few didn't.
    JW rank. 8. I've always wanted to stay in a castle. On this cycling trip, I was able to stay in three. Definitely worth the bruised bottom.

Equipment: We brought our road bikes and were infinitely grateful that we did. We backpacked this trip, but if we were to do it again, we would bring our BOB trailer. Equip your bike with lights. The roads don't offer any.

Kastelyhotel Sasvar in Paradsasvar
    • Castles and Palaces
    • Cycling
    • Wine Tasting

• Aghuk's Profile Photo

Biking in Hungary

by Aghuk Written Dec 17, 2002

Biking in Hungary.
    Definitely that is the way to travel, to meet people ,to figure out spaces, landscapes...
    If you don't have time too much you can go toward the balaton lake from Budapest and come back. it is from one week to 15 days.
    But take more time and cross Europa !

Equipment: Hungarian people use a lot bikes. If you bring regular mountain bike you are sure you can find everything to fix it if you need it. You can even buy a bike there, there are cheap ones in Budapest.

lost in a hungarian road

Hungary Hotels

• Four Seasons Gresham Palace

If you can afford it, the Gresham Palace, a 5 star luxury hotel owned by the Four Seasons group has...

• Hotel Palatinus

I used to work in the hospitality industry, so this is my professional opinion, but I did have...

• Hotel Roz

22 Reviews - 83 Photos
Veszprem Hotels
75 Reviews - 241 Photos

Instant Answers: Hungary

Comments

Hungary Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Hungary sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hungary sightseeing.
Map of Hungary