Bajansenye Travel Guide

thier horse
    by picek
    our meal here with dodolle
    by picek
    many houses like that here

Bajansenye Restaurants

• picek's Profile Photo
    our meal here with dodolle 4 more images

by picek Updated May 2, 2010

We had very nice meal here once during our little trip to our neighbors. First we stoped at one place next to lake, but it was closed. Then we drove further and we saw wooden sign for this restaurant in the edge of village, and decided to try our luck here. It was sunday, not good weather and cold, so we sat inside. I belive summers will be full here, it's quiet place, with fish pond, trees and a few pony horses.

Favorite Dish: I decided to go for local dodolle (sorry, I cannot use dots over the letters) with sour cream. And a local fish from the lake, grilled one. My man had usual kalamari & french fries since he almost always have that whenever he goes - with more and less success - depends how they're made.
    I also decided to have pickled paprikas, which are very nice here in Hungary and I am always satisfied with them. Of course, this is easy and refreshing food to eat, no big art to prepare but nice, especially spicy ones.
    Man said kalamari were very nice, better than in most places - good to know if you like that and he's very picky with that.

Minde dodolle were superb, I have really enjoyed them (sour cream wasn't really needed) and shared with hubby, and guess what, he now loves dodolle finally, haha. For those who don't know: dodolle is made of broken potato mixed with flour and then fried with onion.

Okay, to keep that long story short, fish was great, everything what we have tried was nice... very nice... the only meat we can eat is fish and seafood (not me, that) and I think they really became famous with visitors from Slovenia and Austria since they appreciate good Hungarian food (not that seafood is Hungarian, but most of things on menu is Hungarian and Middle European at least).

It is pleasant house to visit and I shall return someday in summer.

Smoking is allowed in some parts of the restaurant.

• Farm Stay

Instant Answers: Bajansenye

Comments

Bajansenye Travel Guide
Map of Bajansenye