The most adorned part of the church is the ornamented main gate built seven layers deep into the facade, situated under the pediment between the twin towers. Above the gate, the statues of Christ and the 12 Apostles decorate the niches.
St. James’s Chapel was built in the Romanesque era around 1260 and gained its present appearance after renovations took place in the 18th century. Besides the Romanesque twin-windows of the double chapel with a four-foiled floor plan, three Baroque altars are worth studying.
In 2002 after renovations done by the National Office of Monuments, a new display room was opened inside the one-time Abbot’s Residence behind the church, where the locally excavated artifacts can be viewed.
Only some parts of the original wall painting remained showing the fight of Saint George with tyhe Dragon