Balatonfured Restaurants

My favourite food in the restaurant.
  • ... and something
    ... and something "lighter".
    Entrace to the restaurant

Most Recent Restaurants in Balatonfured

• bazsi79's Profile Photo

Balaton Étterem: Tasty meals, great portions and affordable prices

by bazsi79 Written Aug 16, 2010
    My favourite food in the restaurant.

Every summer we usually spend one week in Balatonfüred, and Balaton restaurant is where we have dinner during our stay on most of the days. Though the restaurant doesn't look very appealing from the outside, but it is definitely my favourite place there, as they offer tasty meals of great portions for affordable prices.

The restaurant is located in the middle of a park next to the lakeside promenade, near the old town center and the boat station. It has a pleasant outdoor terrace from where you can see lake Balaton behind the park. For cooler days it also has some tables indoor, but I would always opt for sitting outdoors when possible.

Their menu offers a wide choice of meals, including fried and grilled meats of various kinds, fish, pasta and pizza, together with different soups, salads and desserts.

The staff in the restaurant in really friendly and is ready to help if you don't know what to choose. Most of them are the same guys for years, so it is always a welcoming experience to return.

After finishing your dinner, don't forget to have a nice walk along the promenade before returning to your hotel.

Favorite Dish: Breaded pork chop filled with smoked knuckle of ham and sheep’s cottage cheese, sauté vegetables and baked potatoes with bacon and onion.

It is one the most tasty and abundant foods I've ever had. :)

• Turska's Profile Photo

Sorry,don´t remember the name.. :(: Best pasta we´ve ever had

by Turska Written May 1, 2008

We we´re in very bad mood,because a heavy rain and storm has ruined our day at "sunny"Balatonfûred we´ve been driving for whole day.(We we´re there only one day),when the rain finally stopped,we started to walk from our hotel pension Krone(somewhere said as Korona) to the east by the big road(road no 71),we walked only for few minutes,when we saw Italian restaurant couple of steps down from the road.There was a terrace with gas-heaters,white marquess and white tables under.It was L-shaped house(white or light yellow-sorry that I forgot to put name down)and in same building was big sign"Suntours apartments".By that name I found this address:Csokonai utca 1,and looking at map,I belive it´s right address.
    If you ask me,this place is really worht of founding!There´s an advertisment in Finnish TV,where voice says"Good food=happier mind".After this horrible day-and eating then there,we started smiling-like in that ad!Even with only one beer with food ;)

Favorite Dish: I ate ham and cream pasta"al forno"made from canellonies.My husband had a lasagne.So simple things both,but they were so delicius that we can´t remember ever before or after eaten as good pasta!And even so,the price was 12e for two pasta and two beer!I even thought that we had carlic-cheese-bread before and that´s the price!!

• argentia's Profile Photo

Langos!

by argentia Written Oct 7, 2005

Our langos

Almost every food stand along the Strand will offer this traditional dish. Langos is fried dough (very big and very greasy!) topped with different things. We tried ours with sour cream and grated cheese. I suggest you share one with a friend because they really are huge!

• argentia's Profile Photo

Borsca: Not to be missed in Balatonfured!

by argentia Written Oct 7, 2005

Borsca restaurant (pronounced Bohr-shAH) is located about 10 minutes east of the marina, near Kisfaludy Strand. It is located right on the beach, with both indoor and outdoor seating. It's a really nice place, with linens and wine goblets on the tables, and the wait staff is well dressed as well. The diners range from families out celebrating special events to teenagers coming off the beach for a bite to eat. The food is eclectic, with lots of traditional Hungarian dishes but also includes dishes from other countries (mainly Germany). But whatever you order--it's delicious!

Favorite Dish: Your meal is always finished with a complimentary shot of apricot palinka!

Instant Answers: Balatonfured

Comments

Balatonfured Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Balatonfured restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Balatonfured sightseeing.