Gullfoss Transportation

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo

Bus from Reykjavík

by travelfrosch Updated Nov 29, 2009

View from the bus

Bílar og fólk Bus Line 2 runs twice daily June 1 - August 31 from Reykjavík bus station via Selfoss. Reykjavik Excursions also runs seasonal (June 15 - August 31) passenger (i.e., non-"Golden Circle" tour) service from Reykjavík via Þingvellir. Finally, roughly from June to August, Bílar og fólk also runs overland buses between Reykjavík and Akureyri that stop at Geysir and Gullfoss. From Reykjavík, figure on a fare of roughly Kr 3400-4000 per person 1-way.

Beware: Bus schedules change quite frequently, and the websites are not always updated in a timely manner. Never count on any one bus to get you to or from your destination exactly when the websites say you will. Always allow slack time for any time-sensitive activity (such as a flight). If all else fails, consider renting a car from the Budget rent-a-car office across the street from the bus station.

• Hiking and Walking

• Luxury, but cheap.

by special12 Written Sep 18, 2009

Me and my friends travelled to Iceland recently and one of them is in wheelchair, we were rather skeptical before our holiday in Iceland
    but before we left we contacted All Iceland Tours who specialize in holidays with disabled tourists.
    They assured us that nothing was to be worried about. At the airport they picked us up and i have travelled before with my disabled friends but never seen so much luxury and friendly staff before. We were welcomed with Icelandic water which was stored in the cars cooler. DVD with strange but beautiful music was on from a band i dont remember the name of, it was so surreal feeling.

All the trip was amazing, Gullfoss, Geysir were just as beautiful as we had hoped.
    Thank you Iceland, thank you All Iceland Tours.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Disabilities

• acemj's Profile Photo

Bus

by acemj Updated May 13, 2007

I really wanted to see this on my own terms by renting a car and checking out some of the highlights of the Golden Circle Tour alone, but after looking into the costs, I decided to join a tour. I looked into a couple of the tour companies and Iceland Excursions offered the best price, so I jumped on it. In retrospect, it turned out to be a good decision. The guide was excellent and the pace and the duration of time spent at each location was appropriate and enjoyable. I paid 6600 Kr for the all day (over 8 hours) tour of some of the highlights of Iceland including Gulfoss, some very cool geysirs and the UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Þingvellir National Park where you'll see the Continental Divide and the site of the world's first parliament.

Instant Answers: Gullfoss

Comments

Gullfoss Transportation

Reviews and photos of Gullfoss transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Gullfoss sightseeing.