Þingvellir Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Þingvellir

• acemj's Profile Photo

Bus

by acemj Updated Jun 17, 2007

I saw Þingvellir and the surrounding areas as part of a tour with Iceland Excursions. The day trip, known as the Golden Circle, is offered by other tour groups as well, and is really a must if you're in Iceland. The bus provided by Iceland Excursions was clean and comfortable and the guide was knowledgeable. The tour itself was paced pretty well with enough time off the bus to explore a bit, although a tour is never ideal. I'd always prefer to explore on my own schedule, but the price was right. The whole tour was 6600 Kr, which was cheaper than I would have been able to do on my own by renting a car.

You can see more from this trip on my other related pages, Gulfoss and Geysir.

• thelittlevoice's Profile Photo

The Golden Circle

by thelittlevoice Updated Mar 17, 2007

There is no public bus to Þingvellir. The two best options are to hire a car or take a tour. Going there alone, I decided not to hire a car because it wouldn't be worth it. Special thanks to Bragi for giving me 15% discount on the tours! The tour included a visit to Geysir, Gullfoss and Þingvellir.

Instant Answers: Þingvellir

Comments

Þingvellir Transportation

Reviews and photos of Þingvellir transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Þingvellir sightseeing.