Keflavík Travel Guide

Keflavikurflugvöllur
  • Iceland sweater made of genuine Iceland wool
    Iceland sweater made of genuine Iceland...
  • My Icelandic pen-pal Gudbjörg Flugvöllursdottir
    My Icelandic pen-pal Gudbjörg...

Keflavík Things to Do

• heitzenrater's Profile Photo

by heitzenrater Updated Jul 2, 2009

When you drive into this sleepy village you may deiced to continue on out and make your way to "better" places. This may be the case but you may miss some nice little gems. Tucked in the corner of the harbor is one of the coolest little structures I have ever seen. I'm not sure what this building is used for but it is neat. When in the harbor you can see many boats and there is also a bike / walking path that you could use.

Duss harbor view

• DaShast's Profile Photo

by DaShast Written May 18, 2008

Go for a whale watch on the Moby Dick out onto Faxafloi with www.dolphin.is

Great group of people and we saw plenty of whales, dolphins, and birds.

• Beaches

Solvallagata 11, Keflavík, 230, Iceland

Keflavík Shopping

• Aunt_Bertha's Profile Photo

by Aunt_Bertha Updated Oct 24, 2013

Although I stopped-over in Keflavik in June, the weather was rather chilly. I wasn't prepared for this type of climate as it's quite warm in June where I live. So my Icelandic pen-pal Gudbjörg, who visited me at Keflavik International Airport, and I decided to pay a visit to the International Iceland Sweater Store at Keflavik International Airport.

One word of caution: under 3. it says here...select an appropriate type for this shop, for example men's clothes, women's clothes, children's clothes. Unfortunately they have been listed separately, which doesn't make much sense I'm sorry to say. Because at the International Iceland Sweater Store at Keflavik International Aiport you can buy everything: men's, women's and children's clothes and not just men's clothes, or women's clothes or children's clothes.

What to buy: The special items you should shop for at Keflavik International Airport's International Iceland Sweater Store are preferably Iceland sweaters made of genuine Iceland wool, but you can also find a number of other items other than Iceland sweaters made of genuine Iceland wool. For example, my Icelandic pen-pal Gudbjörg bought a pair of Iceland socks, gloves and a scarf made of genuine Iceland wool.

Since I felt that the Icelandic climate in June was too cold for me and anyway since it was an International Iceland Sweater Store I myself decided to by an Iceland sweater made of genuine Iceland wool. It was a beautiful Iceland sweater and it sure kept me warm since it was made of genuine Iceland wool. In fact the genuine Iceland wool sweater kept me so warm that it was way too warm for me to wear in Central Europe, even in the winter. So the only time I wore the Iceland sweater made of genuine Iceland wool was in Iceland. I hope Gudbjörg was luckier with her genuine Iceland wool items made of genuine Iceland wool. After keeping the Iceland sweater made of genuine Iceland wool in my closet for years among my other non-Iceland sweaters that were not made of genuine Iceland wool, I finally decided to donate the Iceland sweater made of genuine Iceland wool to the salvation army in Iceland. I hope someone in Iceland is enjoying the Iceland sweater made of genuine Iceland wool. In the meantime I've started to miss my Iceland sweater made of genuine Iceland wool although it's still too warm to wear it here.

What to pay: Not too much, but more than for a sweater made of genuine recycled plastic bottles. Keep in mind that Iceland sweaters are made of genuine Iceland wool, which is slightly more expensive than the materials artificial clothes are made of.

Iceland sweater made of genuine Iceland wool

Instant Answers: Keflavík

• jonathanbarker's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2013 at 8:06 AM

I have an early flight from Keflavik to London on Sunday 25th August and may decide to stay here for the night.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
      Jul 18, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Have a look at my Keflavík pages, Jonathan, I have added tips on 2 hotels, which I was very satisfied with. But there are many guesthouses there as well. Looking forward to meeting you in Reykjavík :D

Keflavík Travel Guide