Related Keflavík Favorites Tips

Pingvellir
  • Favorites

Most Viewed Favorites in Keflavík

• Sharrie's Profile Photo

Make a day trip to Pingvellir

by Sharrie Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: Make a day trip to PINGVELLIR. About 45 mins by bus from Reykjavik, Pingvellir is a national park of utmost importance to the Icelander. This is a significant historic site of the country for its ancient parliament (Alpingi).

Fondest memory: I enjoyed Pingvellir very much. Even though we were there for only 2 hours or so, I met some interesting people from other parts of the world. Marcus from Munich but don't drink beer! Then another girl from Sweden whose father was a former Malaysian.

• Eco-Tourism

• Sharrie's Profile Photo

Appreciate beauty of nature

by Sharrie Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: Appreciate beauty of nature.

Fondest memory: The most beautiful rainbow I've ever seen in my entire life! It's a full rainbow, btw. My camera only managed to capture half of it :(

For a better perspective, click to see the bigger picture.

• Eco-Tourism

• chrissyalex's Profile Photo

The bird cliffs . These...

by chrissyalex Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: The bird cliffs . These beautiful cliffs are located at the tip of the Reykjanes Peninsula. They really are beautiful and the pictures do not do them justice at all! In the summertime, birds flock to these cliffs. Unfortunately, I was there in March so I didn't see any birds because it was way too cold for them! But I did enjoy the beauty of these cliffs

• Keflavik is where the...

by Vilhelm Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Keflavik is where the International Airport is. It is about 30-40 minutes drive to Reykjavik. About 10 minutes outside Keflavik you can take a right hand turn and go into the BLUE LAGOON. It is a natural pool of hot water that is out in the middle of a lavafield. It is truly an breathtaking experience to go there. If you ever come to Iceland, even if you are only stopping for 4-5 hours you must go there. Even if you see or do nothing else, it will be worth the trip. Trust me on this one. I live here and I can't get enough of the place. Whenever I have friends from other contries come and visit me I always take them out there and they all say the same thing... 'AMAZING!!!'

• sverige's Profile Photo

sverige's General Tip

by sverige Written Aug 24, 2002

Fondest memory: The Keflavik International Airport. It is great for connecting flights as it only has about 8 terminals. I get a real kick out of the tan carpeted walls. They do have a few gift shops to shop at on a layover. You can even have eyeglasses cut while you wait, like 20 minutes, with all those cool European frames.

Instant Answers: Keflavík

Comments

Keflavík Favorites

Reviews and photos of Keflavík favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Keflavík sightseeing.
Map of Keflavík