Reykjavík Museum of Photograpy, Reykjavík

by Regina1965
    Signage (1)
    by gordonilla
  • Regina1965's Profile Photo

The Reykjavík Museum of Photograpy.

by Regina1965 Updated Nov 21, 2010

At the Museum of photograpy.

The Reykjavík Museum of Photography is very special to me as my grandfather, Pétur Thomsen, was a photographer, a Royal Swedish Photographer, working here in Reykjavík in his photographic studio and for the Icelandic presidency. After his death the family donated all of his work to The Reykjavík Museum of Photography. Here is the link to some of his work Pétur Thomsen and you can see me in some of the photos at a very early age ;)

Until the 29th of August in 2010 there was a special exhibition "Thomsen & Thomsen" with photographs from my grandfather and my cousin, who is also a professional photographer and who's name is also Pétur Thomsen. One of the photos there was a new photo of my mother.

Opening hours: 12-19 weekdays and 13-17 weekends.

Admission is free.

The museum is located on the 6th floor in the so called Grófarhús where the City museum is located as well as The City archives.

• gordonilla's Profile Photo

Ljósmyndasafn Reykjavíkur

by gordonilla Written Jul 17, 2010

Exterior

Reykjavik Museum of Photography; I called in here after visiting the City Art Museum next door. Interesting and quiet. This is Iceland's only independent Photography Museum.

Instant Answers: Reykjavík