by globetrotter_2006
    by croatia2006
    by acemj

• Reykjavik Marathon

An annual sports event in Reykjavik is the Reykjavik Marathon, which takes place in mid-August in the capital. In the year 2003 we celebrate its 20th anniversary. This event has become immensely popular, and there are thousands of participants from Iceland and abroad every year. You can choose between a full marathon, half marathon or 10km run.

• Easy hike near the city with great view

Mount Esja is a mountain located across the bay from the city. It is a relatively easy hike and the views over the city are great on clear days. Especially recommended is a night hike during the light period in June.

• Sea kayaking on Iceland

Sea kayaking on Iceland can be very rewarding, but also though. Iceland has a very exposed coast and the lava shores do not always invite happy landings... I did not go this time, but saw kayak groups off Reykjavik harbour and got a little envious... I researched the opportunity, and might give it a try next time.Three places seem to catch most of...

• Icelandic Horses

Horseback riding is really a unique experience. The horses in Iceland are of a very pure breed. Iceland has prohibited the import of foreign horses for years. As such, their beautiful, docile horses have developed a unique gait. I didn't get to go horsebackriding, but I will when I return to Iceland. I did notice that you had to get a bit outside...

• Gym

There are just couple of gyms in Reykjavik. The biggest one is World Class but it is not near centrum. Good one is Thokkabot, it's in west side and takes about 15minutes from centrum to walk. I really liked the place, there's also spinning and aerobics there. it was year 1999 when I was therebut I hope that Thokkabot is still on the place.

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Reykjavík Region? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Reykjavík Region Hotels

Top Reykjavík Region Hotels

Reykjavík Hotels
931 Reviews - 3108 Photos

Instant Answers: Reykjavík Region

Comments

Reykjavík Region Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Reykjavík Region sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Reykjavík Region sightseeing.
Map of Reykjavík Region