Ísafjörður Favorites

• seamandrew's Profile Photo

Tourist Information Center Ísafjörður

by seamandrew Updated May 25, 2007

Tourist Office ��safj��r��ur

Favorite thing: For information in and around Ísafjörður, and the Western Fjords as well, visit the tourist office called Vesturferðir. You can book certain trips from there, like sea kayaking, ferries, and more. The phone number is It's a great resource for people visitng Ísafjörður.

Here's the information on the tourist center.

It is located at Aðalstræti 7 · IS-400 Ísafjörður.
    Tel.: +354-456-5121 · Fax: +354-456-5185
    E-mail: info@vestfirdir.is

Fondest memory: My fondest memory of Ísafjörður had to be the dinner we had at the Hotel Ísafjörður. On the one hand we were sad our friends didn't join us for the meal, but on the other hand, the foold was excellent, the restaurant windows had a spectacular view, and we got to meet a retired couple who were Icelanders. He was a former surgeon and former professor at a medical school in Boston and she was a former flight attendant for Icelandair. We had a great conversation about travel and just about everything else.

That should in no way diminish how beautifu the surrounding landscape was around Ísafjörður!

• Hiking and Walking

• RitchiS1's Profile Photo

TO GET MONEY AT THE LOCAL BANKAUTOMAT

by RitchiS1 Updated Jul 29, 2003

ISJAF��RDUR PROMENADE

Favorite thing: That has been a problem , I d ónt know WHY .

At CLOSINGTIME we want to use our VISACARD, but we can ´t come to the AUTOMAT inside the BANKROOM .
    WE HAVE FOND another AUTOMAT IN THE SHOPPINGCENTRE near our HOTEL , where we can use our card !!

Fondest memory: The SHOPPINGCENTRE IS ON THE RIGHT WITH THE RIGHT SIGN . Sorry I d ´ont know the name actually !

• Photography

• schielen's Profile Photo

schielen's General Tip

by schielen Written Oct 4, 2002

Fondest memory: The first morning of my trip to Iceland I woke up in my little tent. Although it was only 6.45 AM, the sun was already high in the sky, just a little bit blocked by a morning mist, a sea-fog. Slowly the memories of the night before came back to me. Slowly because of the drink(s) we had. The most popular on Iceland is 'Black death' (you might imagine why!), whitch is made of potato-peelings! This was one of the few drinks (alcoholic ones that is) in the three weeks I spent in Iceland. There are two reasons for that. One is the price. A normal beer in a normal pub will cost you US$ 25! The second one is that you will find no pub (nor any other shop) in the greater part of the country.

Instant Answers: Ísafjörður

Comments

Ísafjörður Favorites

Reviews and photos of Ísafjörður favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ísafjörður sightseeing.