Ísafjörður Restaurants

• DaShast's Profile Photo

SKG: SKG Catering at Hotel Isafjordur

by DaShast Written Oct 17, 2007

Hotel Isafjordur on a sunny day in Isafjordur

I did not stay at the Hotel Isafjordur but simply wandered in to their restaurant from off the street after backpacking around town. Hotel Isafjordur's restaurant is leased to SKG catering. The food was very good and beautiful presentation. The dining facilities are on the ground floor, with a lovely ivory decor and windows facing the water. I was the only person there that day (Tues for lunch) and the waitress very was kind and welcoming.

Favorite Dish: I splurged and ordered their lamb, which was succulent and served with julienned squash.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Kayaking

Thai-Koon: Thai Food in Ísafjörður

by seamandrew Updated May 25, 2007

Thai Koon...cozy isn't it

This little Thai restaurant located on the premises of the town's supermarket, has very limited menu each day, but whatever is offered is generally quite good. What I love about the place is the name. When I read the name I thought it was one of those double meanings (Thai-Koon=tycoon), but I f ound it that Koon is the name of a Thai flower. Nonetheless, I continue to believe my idea) Try it out, we did and our freinds had dinner there two of the three nights we were there.

Favorite Dish: Their noodles are great but the pork dish I had was amazing. I don't remember what it was called. Whatever they make, is made with love!

Pizza 67: Pizza anyone

by seamandrew Updated Mar 18, 2005

Pizzeria Isafj��rudur

This Pizzeria was surprisingly good for a pizzeria outside of the New York area. I obviously have a bias for my local pizzerias. The fact that I recommend this place only speaks to it's good pizza! Definitely worth visiting.

Favorite Dish: The Hawaiian Pizza was a big hit.

Gamla Bakaríið: Yummy Bakery

by seamandrew Updated Jul 9, 2003

Bakery

This bakery was the only one we found in Ísafjörður. To it´s credit it was great! They had amazing sweets and great hot chocoloate. If you stay at the Hotel Ísafjörður, the bakery is right across the plaza.

Favorite Dish: Hot chocolate. It was nice and sweet!

Instant Answers: Ísafjörður

Comments

Ísafjörður Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ísafjörður restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ísafjörður sightseeing.