The Lazy Lobster, Doolin

Across from McDermotts

• The Lazy Lobster
    by IrishGirl23
  • The Lazy Lobster: Wonderful seafood!

by fuggly Updated Apr 4, 2011

Whenever I'm in Doolin, I vist the Lazy Lobster. The food is very well, especially the fresh lobsters and the soups. Its not only a seafood restaurant, you can have really nice fillets of irish beef which are as good as the seafood is. The restaurant is small (like 10 tables or so) and the service crew is very friendly and helps you out when you don't understand everything (especially important when you're a foreign tourist).
    I was now three times in Doolin and never missed the Lazy Lobster. And I don't want to either. When you're finished with dinner, you can walk a minute over the bridge and join the fabolous and famous Doolin music pubs where you can easily stay in until late (or early ;-) before returning to your hostel, hotel or cottage or wherever you sleep the rest of the few hours left ;-)

Favorite Dish: The Lazy Lobster is famous for.. well.. its Lobster, of course. Two years ago (2005) they had a wonderful "half of a very relaxed lobster called Laurence" which made me try my first lobster. Two years later, I had another lobster, apparently not Laurence anymore, but nevertheless very well! The Lobster comes with a choice of lime, lemon, garlic or chilli butter, potatoes and vegetable.

Also very nice is the Irish Beef. Very tender and nice to eat. Especially with the wine sauce. In 2005 they had a variety of organic soups which were really really nice. They don't seem to have them anymore, but the soups on the menu are delicious as well.

• Music

• The Lazy Lobster: Seafood in Doolin

by IrishGirl23 Written Jul 1, 2003

The food was fabulous...a little expensive, but worth it. Small and intimate...kids ok

Favorite Dish: Forgot what I had!!!! But I know it was good.

Instant Answers: Doolin

Comments

Other Restaurants in Doolin