O'Connors Pub, Doolin

• ok it is a post card, my pic was not so good.
    ok it is a post card, my pic was not so...
    by EllenH
    Christy Barry's Monday Night Band!
    by KitsyNMoxy
  • EllenH's Profile Photo

O'ConnOrs not O'ConnErs (vt choice spelled wrong)

by EllenH Written Mar 11, 2006

ok it is a post card, my pic was not so good.

I LOVED this place. We took a bus to Doolin and the bus stop was about a block away from Gus O'Connors. We took our stuff inside and hoped to have a Guinness and find a place to stay for the night. It was early afternoon, a few people hanging together here and there but in their own circle and not paying much attention to us. SO, I went outside with the more social smokers group out front and asked where we would stay that night. They immediately pointed out the taxi driver across the st, Mr. Noel O'Connor himself and his nice B&B right up the hill from the pub. We had a wonderful dinner here, they talk about craic in Irish pubs, this place had it going on. There was no music that night, it was middle of the week in February but it was special. A lovely place I would certainly return to.

• Calmness

by dbaude Written Sep 25, 2009

Doolin and the O'Connors pub are so attractive that I should like to finish my life there.
    When I escape from Belgium to land in Ireland, I fill so better and more at Doolin.
    Don't go there, don't change this marvellous place!

• KitsyNMoxy's Profile Photo

Magical musical nights

by KitsyNMoxy Updated Apr 20, 2003

Christy Barry's Monday Night Band!

Doolin has only three pubs. Even in low season they all seem to be packed and they all have live music nightly. We heard great music led by Christy Barry at O'Connors Pub. So good we bought the CD!

• Music

Instant Answers: Doolin

Comments

Hotels Near O'Connors Pub
4.5 out of 5 stars