Book early, or it could be the beach for you..
Despite the myriad of Bed and Breakfasts in the village and surrounding areas, it is best to book ahead of time, especially on summer weekends.
We recently spent 4 hours searching for accommodation before we struck lucky, and got a whole house to ourselves for the price of a B&B room.
At one house we knocked at the door to enquire about B&B and was greeted by a pair of small boys from the garden who were having a kickabout. After enquiring if their parents were in, they returned after a few minutes.
“Me Da’s not in”
“Me Ma’s not in”
“There someone on the couch”
“Well can you ask someone on the couch if you have any rooms going ?”
A few minutes later still the boys returned.
“He said we are all full”
I’m sure I distinctly heard the words “And tell them to Feck off as well” from the distant background.
With customer service like that the Celtic Tiger is in good hands.
Walking to Hag’s Head?
When we asked at the tourist information at the Cliffs that we wanted to walk to Hag’s Head and back, they tell us that this walking track is already several years closed and that its dangerous to walk this route. But in a lot of guide books they tell us about this beautiful walk. We were indecisive in what to do, but due to the bad weather (fog) we decided not to go to Hag’s Head.
I can’t give any advise in if you can do this walk or not, because we met people who did it. So be safe and decide well.
This is the fantatsic restaurant at the Ballinalacken Hotel, also dueled as our wedding reception...more
We travel Ireland by car for 7 days and this wonderful ultra modern hotel near the Cliffs of Mohr...more
Coast Road, The Burren, Ireland
Good for: Solo
Latest Doolin Hotel Reviews
- Paddy's Doolin Hostel
- Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
- Doolin Activity Lodge
- Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews
- Ballinalacken Castle Country House
- Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews
- Hotel Doolin
- Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Explore the World
- Birkhadem Hotels
- Seaton Carew Hotels
- Magnetic Island
- Indian Pass Hotels
- York Village Hotels
- Atlantic City
- San José Warnings and Dangers
- Honduras Warnings and Dangers
- Suva Warnings and Dangers
- Mazatlán Warnings and Dangers
- Mérida Warnings and Dangers
- Portugal Warnings and Dangers
- Monterrey Warnings and Dangers
- Russia Warnings and Dangers
- Muscat Warnings and Dangers
- Ayia Napa Warnings and Dangers
- Iquitos Warnings and Dangers
- Davao Warnings and Dangers