Cliffs of Moher, County Clare

Know about this? Rate It!

• Cliffs of Moher
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Telescope or Long Lens

by grandmaR Written Jun 25, 2007

Talking telescope

Favorite thing: There was a talking telescope where I was attempting to take photos of the puffins. Some people came by and put money in (I didn't have any coins with me) and let me look through it at the puffins. I found that my photographs were about the same magnification as the telescope.

• Adventure Travel
    • Birdwatching
    • Photography

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Lighthouses

by grandmaR Updated Aug 24, 2009

Inisheer lighthouse

Favorite thing: Lighthouses are one of my favorite things, and I was able to photograph one when I was at the Cliffs of Moher. I believe that this one was Inisheer which is actually one of the Aran Islands Lighthouses. The Aran Islands, located in the mouth of Galway Bay, But I photographed the lighthouse from County Clare.

Fondest memory: This lighthouse was built originally in 1857 and is active. A red light is shown over rocks to the east. It consists of a 112 ft round white masonry tower with lantern and gallery, with a single broad horizontal black band. There are two keeper's houses enclosed by a stone wall. Inisheer is accessible by passenger ferry from Doolin, and the lighthouse is accessible by hiking trail. Located on the southeastern point of the island.

• Eco-Tourism

• Krumel's Profile Photo

Sunset on the Cliffs of Moher

by Krumel Written Jun 28, 2003

Sunset on the Cliffs of Moher

Fondest memory: My fondest memory of County Clare is sitting on the Cliffs of Moher one nice May evening and watch the sun set over the Aran Islands. There were very few people there, and most of those just sat quietly in the grass until the sun had disappeared. The atmosphere was very peaceful and magical.

Instant Answers: County Clare

Comments

Other Favorites in County Clare