Related County Clare Favorites Tips

• Interesting buildings and features on the Main Str
    Interesting buildings and features on...
    Sun clock
    What time is it?

Most Viewed Favorites in County Clare

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Lighthouses

by grandmaR Updated Aug 24, 2009

Favorite thing: Lighthouses are one of my favorite things, and I was able to photograph one when I was at the Cliffs of Moher. I believe that this one was Inisheer which is actually one of the Aran Islands Lighthouses. The Aran Islands, located in the mouth of Galway Bay, But I photographed the lighthouse from County Clare.

Fondest memory: This lighthouse was built originally in 1857 and is active. A red light is shown over rocks to the east. It consists of a 112 ft round white masonry tower with lantern and gallery, with a single broad horizontal black band. There are two keeper's houses enclosed by a stone wall. Inisheer is accessible by passenger ferry from Doolin, and the lighthouse is accessible by hiking trail. Located on the southeastern point of the island.

Inisheer lighthouse Aran Islands and Galway Bay
    • Eco-Tourism

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Telescope or Long Lens

by grandmaR Written Jun 25, 2007

Favorite thing: There was a talking telescope where I was attempting to take photos of the puffins. Some people came by and put money in (I didn't have any coins with me) and let me look through it at the puffins. I found that my photographs were about the same magnification as the telescope.

Talking telescope Birds flying over the ocean Cliffs to the north Birds nesting on the cliffs Telephoto view
    • Adventure Travel
    • Birdwatching
    • Photography

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Lahinch

by rexvaughan Written Aug 8, 2005

Favorite thing: We had just a breif stop in Lahinch but it looks like a town worth spending some time in. It is a lovely place with lots of nice places to shop. It is probably best noted for its really nice golf course - I have a friend who bragged on it quite wholeheartedly. It also has a beach and nice views of the sea.

Fondest memory: I am always attracted to food and one of the nice aspects of our stop was Mrs. O'Brien's Kitchen. We really were just on a coffee stop but had some of her delicious pastries with it. It is on the main street but don't know the address.

• Golf
    • Beaches

• Krumel's Profile Photo

Sunset on the Cliffs of Moher

by Krumel Written Jun 28, 2003

Fondest memory: My fondest memory of County Clare is sitting on the Cliffs of Moher one nice May evening and watch the sun set over the Aran Islands. There were very few people there, and most of those just sat quietly in the grass until the sun had disappeared. The atmosphere was very peaceful and magical.

Sunset on the Cliffs of Moher

• Stormy memories

by sabsi Updated Nov 25, 2002

Fondest memory: A perfect storm for 2 entire days!!! I'll never forget the sound of the sea we heard from the bed in the morning!!! We stayed in Doolin, a little village directly at the Atlantic ocean which is famous for its pubs and music.

The cliffs of Moher in the storm

• wadekorzan's Profile Photo

Doolin, County Clare

by wadekorzan Written Sep 3, 2002

Favorite thing: Well, my single most favorite thing about County Clare are the Cliffs of Moher...but Doolin is really nice and is quite near the cliffs. Doolin is a popular Irish music center.

Near Doolin, County Clare

7 Reviews - 24 Photos
Kilfenora Hotels
15 Reviews - 57 Photos

Instant Answers: County Clare

Comments

County Clare Favorites

Reviews and photos of County Clare favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for County Clare sightseeing.
Map of County Clare