• Interesting buildings and features on the Main Str
    Interesting buildings and features on...
    Sun clock
    What time is it?

• Religion

Ballyvaughan Favorites

As you travel around, take time to view the statues that you may find outside Churches and, occasionally, alongside the road side. As well as normally being along a religeous theme they are usually aboslutely gorgeous to look at. This one is the Madonna found in the grounds of Ballyvaughan Church.

• Cliffs of Moher

County Clare Favorites

Lighthouses are one of my favorite things, and I was able to photograph one when I was at the Cliffs of Moher. I believe that this one was Inisheer which is actually one of the Aran Islands Lighthouses. The Aran Islands, located in the mouth of Galway Bay, But I photographed the lighthouse from County Clare. This lighthouse was built originally in...

• Doolin

County Clare Favorites

A perfect storm for 2 entire days!!! I'll never forget the sound of the sea we heard from the bed in the morning!!! We stayed in Doolin, a little village directly at the Atlantic ocean which is famous for its pubs and music.

• Lighthouses

• Telescope or Long Lens

There was a talking telescope where I was attempting to take photos of the puffins. Some people came by and put money in (I didn't have any coins with me) and let me look through it at the puffins. I found that my photographs were about the same magnification as the telescope.

• Lahinch

We had just a breif stop in Lahinch but it looks like a town worth spending some time in. It is a lovely place with lots of nice places to shop. It is probably best noted for its really nice golf course - I have a friend who bragged on it quite wholeheartedly. It also has a beach and nice views of the sea. I am always attracted to food and one of...

• Sunset on the Cliffs of Moher

My fondest memory of County Clare is sitting on the Cliffs of Moher one nice May evening and watch the sun set over the Aran Islands. There were very few people there, and most of those just sat quietly in the grass until the sun had disappeared. The atmosphere was very peaceful and magical.

• Stormy memories

• Doolin, County Clare

Well, my single most favorite thing about County Clare are the Cliffs of Moher...but Doolin is really nice and is quite near the cliffs. Doolin is a popular Irish music center.

County Clare Hotels

9 Reviews - 42 Photos
Kilkee Hotels
7 Reviews - 24 Photos

Instant Answers: County Clare

Comments

County Clare Favorites

Reviews and photos of County Clare favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for County Clare sightseeing.
Map of County Clare