Newmarket on Fergus Travel Guide

Our weekend home
    by SabrinaSummerville
    Section of guests living room
    Looking towards the house

Newmarket on Fergus Hotels

Newmarket on Fergus Restaurants

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo
    THE FOOD 1 more image

by SabrinaSummerville Updated Jun 21, 2012

We wanted a basic evening meal and drove through the village of Newmarket on Fergus to find something that took our fancy. As there was plenty of parking across the road from the Weaver's Inn Pub I decided to pop in and take a quick look at the menu.

The place was crowded so I guessed it must be good, and as I browsed the manu I spied plates of delicious looking food being hungrily devoured. The aromas of good cooking filled the air and confirmed to me that I was in the right place.

I reserved a table for two and was lucky to get the last one! It is a typical country pub setting so don't be expeting high class restaurant luxury seating. The table was spacious and the seating comfortable.

The clientele varied in age from babies in buggies to the elderly and there appeared to be something for everyone.

I perused the menu and noted that the cuisine is a mix of European and Asian with very reasonable prices. Our orders were taken quickly and pleasantly and drinks brought to the table with no delay. The food took quite a bit longer to arrive but I realised that this is because everything is cooked to order. Portions are large and very tasty.

When we were finished I went to the bar to pay the bill (€40 for two people including drinks) and the owner was very anxious to know whether or not we were satisfied.

NOTE: The restaurant closes each Sunday.

Favorite Dish: I had the lemon sole stuffed with smoked fish and served with pancetta, roasted baby tomatoes, and a creamy sauce. It was accompanied by a bowl of steaming fresh vegetable - baby potatoes, broccoli, and green beans. I relished every mouthful of this delicious repast.

My companion had the rib eye steak and when I managed to steal a morsel I found it utterly tendr and tasty.

Neither of us had a starter or a dessert and to be honest the portions were so generous that we wouldn't have been able for them!!

Would we go back? Definitely.

Instant Answers: Newmarket on Fergus

Comments

Newmarket on Fergus Travel Guide
Map of Newmarket on Fergus