Newmarket on Fergus Travel Guide

The well stocked bar

Newmarket on Fergus Things to Do

Beautiful and Intriguing Cliffs

by charlenemixa Written May 26, 2014

Just as we arrived at the Cliffs the clouds came but added to the beauty and intrigue of the Cliffs. Taking the Paddywagon Tour from Limerick made our visit to the Cliffs even better -avoiding a long narrow windy road drive. The Cliffs have their own special beauty. The Visitor Center also has some wonderful information on the Cliffs and the area. We highly recommend visiting the Cliffs as part of a tour- to be sure to see other sights along the route, that would be missed on a self-tour. Just plan your visit to the Cliffs to have time to walk along the area and take plenty of photos!

The Cliffs of Moher Moher Tower The Mixa's at The Cliffs of Moher
    • Hiking and Walking
    • National/State Park

Great Way to Visit the Cliffs of Moher

by charlenemixa Written May 26, 2014

We had initially planned to drive to the Cliffs of Moher but after driving the Ring of Kerry with its narrow winding road decided to see about a tour to the Cliffs instead. SOOOOO - glad we did. We would have missed several sights and history of the area and would have been exhausted navigating the winding roads to the Cliffs. We picked up the Paddywagon in Limerick and had a fantastic day of sightseeing. Our driver/guide gave us so much information, history and tales of the area. Stops were terrific and we would have not realized the significance of some areas if we had driven ourselves. We definitely learned a lot about the area and got some great photo's too. It's a long drive out to the Cliffs and going on the bus is truly the best way to get there.

The Paddywagon The Famine Wall in Ireland The Portal Tomb - on our Paddywagon tour. The Limestone Beach near Cliffs of Moher The Cliffs of Moher
    • National/State Park

Intriguing Castle & Folk Park

by charlenemixa Written May 26, 2014

Our Paddywagon bus tour stopped at Bunratty Castle and Folk Park. Due to it being after hours the Folk Park was closed but we did have a chance to visit the shop and get some great photos of Bunratty Castle. The Castle has an aura about it and is a great place for photos. Plus it is across from some Irish shops and "unique" eateries ( Durty Nelly's and The Creamery Bar & Restaurant).

Bunratty Castle
    • Castles and Palaces

Newmarket on Fergus Hotels

Newmarket on Fergus Restaurants

The Creamery Bar and Restaurannt: Good Irish Food in a Historical Creamery

by charlenemixa Written May 26, 2014

We enjoyed a fun lunch at The Creamery Bar. Having seen it on a tour the previous day that stopped at Bunratty Castle, we came over for lunch. A restaurant with a great history as well as some terrific Irish food. The history of the Creamery and some of the old equipment made it even more enjoyable. Plus it is near several shops featuring Irish crafts and works.

Earl of Thomond at Dromoland Castle: Excellent! Five Star Dining

by charlenemixa Written May 26, 2014

Our dinner at Dromoland Castle's dining room was exceptional. While there are choices for six course dinners, we opted to select ala carte. Each entree was absolutely delicious and elegantly presented. The wait staff is efficient at assuring every need is immediately met. Their breakfast are also excellent. The dining room is elegant in this wonderful historical castle.

• Spa and Resort
    • Castles and Palaces

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Bali Rooms Restaurant at The Weaver's Inn: Superior Pub Food

by SabrinaSummerville Updated Jun 21, 2012

We wanted a basic evening meal and drove through the village of Newmarket on Fergus to find something that took our fancy. As there was plenty of parking across the road from the Weaver's Inn Pub I decided to pop in and take a quick look at the menu.

The place was crowded so I guessed it must be good, and as I browsed the manu I spied plates of delicious looking food being hungrily devoured. The aromas of good cooking filled the air and confirmed to me that I was in the right place.

I reserved a table for two and was lucky to get the last one! It is a typical country pub setting so don't be expeting high class restaurant luxury seating. The table was spacious and the seating comfortable.

The clientele varied in age from babies in buggies to the elderly and there appeared to be something for everyone.

I perused the menu and noted that the cuisine is a mix of European and Asian with very reasonable prices. Our orders were taken quickly and pleasantly and drinks brought to the table with no delay. The food took quite a bit longer to arrive but I realised that this is because everything is cooked to order. Portions are large and very tasty.

When we were finished I went to the bar to pay the bill (€40 for two people including drinks) and the owner was very anxious to know whether or not we were satisfied.

NOTE: The restaurant closes each Sunday.

Favorite Dish: I had the lemon sole stuffed with smoked fish and served with pancetta, roasted baby tomatoes, and a creamy sauce. It was accompanied by a bowl of steaming fresh vegetable - baby potatoes, broccoli, and green beans. I relished every mouthful of this delicious repast.

My companion had the rib eye steak and when I managed to steal a morsel I found it utterly tendr and tasty.

Neither of us had a starter or a dessert and to be honest the portions were so generous that we wouldn't have been able for them!!

Would we go back? Definitely.

THE FOOD THE BAR

Instant Answers: Newmarket on Fergus

Comments

Newmarket on Fergus Travel Guide
Map of Newmarket on Fergus