Be Prepared to Stop!
Most of the roads in rural areas are single track with occasional turnouts. And, since the roads are almost always lined on both sides by rock walls, be prepared to stop where there is room for the oncoming vehicle to pass. MANY times the oncoming vehicle will be the biggest tractor you've ever seen! Since the locals are familiar with the location of the turnouts, they may move over before you see an opportunity. If so, accept their courtesy and move on quickly. If you are traveling in the evening near milking time, you may also have to stop for a "traffic jam". There's no way around, so plan ahead to just relax and enjoy the slower pace of life!
- Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
- Family Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices