Shannon Warnings and Dangers

Cliffs of Moher
  • Heather 'n Megan a hundred meters above the sea
    Heather 'n Megan a hundred meters above...
    Sunset near Kilkee

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Shannon

• elmendorfs's Profile Photo

Treacherous Beauty

by elmendorfs Updated Apr 4, 2011

Heather 'n Megan a hundred meters above the sea

The cliffs of the west coast of Clare are absolutely magnificent. However, it is obvious to a close observer that they are also constantly changing. The relentless pounding of the wind and the waves gradually erodes them away until they crumble into the sea. In many places the ground you are walking on extends beyond the solid face of the cliff. Additionally, the grass is frequently wet, and often steeply sloping. Use caution when approaching the edge of the cliff and be sure you are standing on solid ground. You don't want a magnificent holiday to end in tragedy, and a slip could only have one possible outcome.

• Beaches

• Ludders's Profile Photo

Violence

by Ludders Written Jun 4, 2005

Kings Johns castle

Yeh we read the reports and on arrival listened to reports of killings but our family felt safe in limerick. It does sound that there are troubles on the estates listed. Limerick is worth a short visit, its full of cars though and parking is about a £1 an hour. We didnt fancy the Castle choosing Bunratty instead. Couldnt believe how many female power walkers there are!

• Arann's Profile Photo

Where's my travel cot ?

by Arann Updated Jan 4, 2005

Free child place on Ryanair !

I arrive on the 26th December, 2004 and the airport ground handling team lock me out of the terminal ! I may have been last off the plane, but it's a it much to lock me out of the entire building - very welcoming I must say.

They then manage to break the luggage belt and spend an hour retrieving people's luggage from the innards of the airport. My cot comes out last of all.

According to other people standing around such delays are not uncommon around here.

Oh bugger, I'm beginning to sound like my father.

Instant Answers: Shannon

Comments

Shannon Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Shannon warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Shannon sightseeing.