Blarney Warnings and Dangers

ALWAYS PROTECT WHAT YOU HAVE
    by DennyP
    The Wishing Steps - slippery when wet!
    by suvanki
    Nomad climbing upto the tower
    by suvanki

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Blarney

• DennyP's Profile Photo

ALWAYS CARRY ADEQUATE TRAVEL INSURANCE

by DennyP Written Feb 1, 2012
    ALWAYS PROTECT WHAT YOU HAVE

IRELAND
    When travelling to and in this lovely picturesque country make sure that your Travel Insurance is covered. As lovely and scenic as this country is it is not without its dangers. When formulating my travel plans through Europe I made sure that I had the neccesary travel Insurance cover that I needed for my journey. As I don't jump off bridges or out of aeroplanes Travel Insurance cover for me is straight forward but still some places are extremely dangerous and costs can vary.I always have Travel Insurance cover for Medical, Hospital, Theft, loss of Baggage and the most Important for me is Repatriation..after what happened in Bali this is a neccesity for me. I like to travel with peace of mind and I know that anything can happen anywhere and at anytime. Hospitals and medical costs can be crippling for the unprepared..So look after what you have.
    ..DONT LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT

• Castles and Palaces
    • Hiking and Walking

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Getting a picture of the Blarney Stone

by Dabs Written Jul 26, 2009

On the particular day that we visited, the camera next to the Blarney Stone was broken. The attendant, who would be later holding onto me while I kissed it, apologized but we were relieved as we were then allowed to take our own photos as we had seen the signs for the 10 € photos that they produce with that broken camera. I'm not sure if they let you take photos on a regular basis, it may be that during busier times that they don't.

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Slippery Steps

by suvanki Updated Nov 14, 2008

Stone Steps

We visited Blarney Castle when it was raining. The castle is open to the elements, and so some of the stone steps were quite wet. These could be quite slippery in parts. Even where the steps are inside they can be narrow, and there are parts where visitors are going up and down the staircases.

Also walking around Rock Close, there are pathways and stone steps, which again could be a bit slippery - so wear shoes or boots with a good grip.

• Seniors
    • Castles and Palaces

• Gillybob's Profile Photo

Bus Times Aren't Guaranteed

by Gillybob Written Oct 22, 2008

Heading to Blarney for a day trip form Cork? If you head there on public transport, you'll be using Bus Eireann route 224.

When we went for the day, we missed our return bus to Cork by 10 minutes - because it left 10 minutes early! Blarney is not the start/end point of the route but it is not far into the route on its return to Cork. Apparently, according to locals, the bus is known to run early, especially on Sundays (the day we visited).

Make sure you are at the bus stop at least 10 minutes early to ensure you catch your desired return bus. If you are taking a wander round the square and see the bus, run for it - it will not wait!

Instant Answers: Blarney

Comments

Blarney Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Blarney warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Blarney sightseeing.