Know about this? Rate It!
Fota Wildlife Park
Fota is a wonderful wildlife park full of all kinds of monkeys, cheetahs, giraffes, ostriches, peacocks, kangaroos and what-have-you. Most of the animals roam freely, only the more dangerous species are enclosed. The park's main aim is to breed endangered species and has now established itself as the leading breeding location worldwide for cheetahs.
Entrance is E8, E5 for reduced tickets. The park is open all day in the summer months from mid March to September, weekends only in October.
Fota is only a quarter of an hour's train drive away from Cork, half way between Cork and Cobh. After visiting the park, continue your journey to Cobh to finish a very rewarding day trip.
Please also visit my Travelogue
- National/State Park
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Cork Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Decatur Hotels
- Sestri Levante
- Kelawai Hotels
- Butuan City
- Ramnagar Hotels
- Canterbury Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path