Fitzgeralds Park, Cork

4 out of 5 stars 4 Stars - 5 Reviews

The Mardyke, Cork 021-427069

• Fountain and pond with ducks, Fitzgerald Park
    Fountain and pond with ducks, Fitzgerald...
    Fitzgerald Park
    Sunday's Well from Fitzgerald Park
  • photograph day

by elizabeth.a Written Sep 28, 2013

It was a brillant day out for me and my friends because there was this very nice man who showed me around and told me about differnt things around the park . For my firends and I we loved it we got some really nice pictures . this park is kept very clean and tidy. If you want some nice pictures along side the River Lee this is the place to go even if you live close its beatuiful still nice to vist. Theres also a great park ther as well. Art work is all around this park their are even redoing some of it but there still is lots of things to see. So I had a wonderful photography day

• roamingpaddy's Profile Photo

Fitzgeralds Park& Cork Public Museum

by roamingpaddy Updated Apr 4, 2011

Fitzgeralds Park Cork City

About 20 minutes walk west of City centre is Fitzgeralds Park on the banks of the River Lee.This is a pleasent park to relax in and enjoy the beauty.There is also a good play section here for childern to play.There is also a scent garden here for the blind.This park has many lovely features,like the quite little pond with it's fountain.Dotted around the park you will find sculptures too.Toilets are available here too and last time I was there they were clean!
    There is a cafe/resturant here too for refreshments of a light meal.
    Entrance to the museum within the park grounds is free.It is not vast but it is interesting and worth a visit.

• evaanna's Profile Photo

Fitzgerald Park and Cork Public Museum

by evaanna Updated Jul 25, 2007

Fountain and pond with ducks, Fitzgerald Park

Fitzgerald Park is a charming place to spend a morning or afternoon in, walking along its shady lanes or watching the ducks on the pond. Bordered by the river in the north, it commands a fantastic view of Sunday's Well, the affluent suburb situated on its high escarpment.
    It's one of the greenest areas of Cork with willows overhanging the river banks and lush greenery squeezing into every nook and cranny, a place where you encounter every shade of green interspersed with a wide variety of flowers of every possible colour.
    Apart from beautiful nature, the park boasts a number of man's artistic creations, like the statue of 'Boy with boat' on the small pond, or the mirror tree trunk. Walking along the river as far as Ferry Walk you can reach the Shakey Bridge, deriving its name from the slight motion it can be set in. I would have had a go at swinging on it, if by the time we got there heavy rain had not forced us back into the car.
    If you visit the park during the opening hours of Cork Public Museum right opposite the gate in The Mardyke, you may want to see their exhibition of Michael Collins or Cork's role in the War of Independence or else their archaeological exhibits. We were perfectly happy just to have our walk, it was too late in the day for a visit to the museum anyway.

• Museum Visits

• fairestmom's Profile Photo

Fitzgeralds Park's beautiful gardens

by fairestmom Updated Jul 19, 2007

the beautiful Calla Lillies

Doing my research on Cork before our trip, I noticed we were staying close to Fitzgeralds Park and I promised my sister we would visit the park since her lastname is Fitzgerald. So after dinner, Gene, Amy and I walked to the park and we were not disappointed. The park was full of beautiful flower gardens. It was a lovely evening and we just loved our walk through the quiet and peaceful park. We were glad we visited Fitzgerald Park as it was very relaxing--a very nice ending for a day of travel.

• National/State Park

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo

Park Life

by Ekaterinburg Written Jun 5, 2006

Fitzgeralds park is the largest in the city and a favourite place to stroll and relax. All the usual park features are here -formal gardens, fountains, green spaces and a great waterlily pond. Open spaces are interspersed with crisscross paths and enormous trees and shrubs.At regular intervals you will come upon freestanding sculptural pieces from the traditional to the slightly bizarre. If you are travelling with children they will definitely enjoy the playground which is very well equipped with slides, swings and climbing frames.

Instant Answers: Cork

Comments

Hotels Near Fitzgeralds Park
4.5 out of 5 stars