Mallow Things to Do

Details

Most Recent Things to Do in Mallow

Mallow Rebel Trail

Mallow rebels

When you go out from Mallow train station you immediately notice a red line drawn on the sidewalk. It is a trail following the footsteps of rebels in Mallow. Audioguide can be purchased from tourist office. Look my website link.

Mallow Castle ruins

Mallow Castle ruins

When you enter the gates and see the ruins you will be fascinated. Beautiful castle ruins are dated back to 1280s but you can see how the complex have grown by centuries. There are many buildings in the complex. Unfortunately there was " Private " sign to go and check out the other newer mansion but I took a photo from the distance. Take a look at my next things to do tip pics.

Mallow Castle

Mallow Castle

So, as told before there are many buildings in this complex and one I was able to peek over the fences and take a pic. I think, its the newer mansion. Unfortunatrly there was " Private " sign on the road to this newer mansion. When I was wondering around the castle grounds, I noticed something moving in a distance - two deers...they were quite far but I was able to zoom closer.

• TheaIren's Profile Photo

Mallow Castle Gate House ( ? )

by TheaIren Written Jul 6, 2012
    Lovely house ( Castle gate guards maybe? )

I read from the internet about Mallow Castle as one of the main attractions of town. But as I wondred around town without the map, I didnt know where is it located, until I came down to right from The Clock House and saw the entrance to castle grounds. I liked the little house on the left of the entrance. I dont kow...if it was the castle gate guard house or not.

The Clock House

It is a dominating building on the main street of Mallow. Your eyes will be drown to it.

I liked the timber construction and clock. House was built in 1850s by the amateur architect. They think that the clock was taken from the old Mallow Castle. House seemed to be empty currently.

Mallow racecourse

by TheaIren Updated Jul 6, 2012

I googled by using Mallow and garden as a searchword, hoping to find nice gardens in the area but instead the exhibition page turned up. It was hel on Mallows racecourse, what is usually used for horse racing. It is actually called Cork racecourse but it is located bit outside of Mallow.

• Horse Riding

The Little Man

The Little Man

Statue once stood in front of The Clock House ( I suspect 1890s ) but was removed as cars appeared. Currently stands in the Park next to Spa

Instant Answers: Mallow

Comments

Mallow Travel Guide

Mallow Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Mallow things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mallow sightseeing.