Places to eat in County Cork

Curran's
    Inside Curran's
  • The Electric Restaurant on St. Patrick's Day
    The Electric Restaurant on St. Patrick's...

Most Viewed Restaurants in County Cork

• evaanna's Profile Photo

'Ice cream parlour' at the craft shop: Restaurants on Cape Clear Island

by evaanna Updated Oct 6, 2008

There are a few restaurants on Cape Clear Island. Near the harbour we saw three, all offering great views of the sea: one in the port with tables arranged outside, then a pub along the road up to your right ,and still another restaurant on the cliff right across the island facing another bay.
    We weren't hungry, but thought an ice cream would be nice so we asked at the pub if they had any. They didn't but advised us to get one from the craft shop opposite. While there, we had a look at the crafts offered but they didn't look tempting. It was supposed to be goat milk ice cream and locally made. My companion thought it was delicious. I didn't notice any difference from ordinary ice cream, but I am not a milk fan anyway. We sat on a bench outside the pub to have it, accompanied by loud conversation at the table next to ours, which seemed to hurt Katherine's ears. I was lucky - I didn't understand the men's language - but for sure it wasn't Gaelic. The benches facing the port directly were occupied, so we soon left. As we climbed the hill, passing the post office and one or two houses, we saw another restaurant on the cliff overlooking the sea. The place was beautifully situated and the people were having a meal but we preferred to walk on and were soon rewarded for not being gluttons with a bench commanding a stunning view of the sea and the island.

• Beaches

• Marpessa's Profile Photo

Hillbillies: Great Way To End A Night

by Marpessa Written Nov 3, 2004

After going out (both nights) headed straight to Hillbillies and there's nothing better than some of their chips and some chicken at 2-3am. On the second night (a Friday?) I had to queue for a bit because it's that popular (by this time all the clubs had closed).

Favorite Dish: Just a bag of hot chips and a cold drink suites me fine.

County Cork Hotels

Togher Hotels
Skibbereen Hotels
12 Reviews - 41 Photos

Instant Answers: County Cork

Comments

County Cork Restaurants

Reviews and photos of County Cork restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for County Cork sightseeing.
Map of County Cork