Ballyshannon Travel Guide

The sunset as we ate dinner
    by Beausoleil
    My favorite dining companion . . . ;^)
    Our room in Cavangarden House

Ballyshannon Restaurants

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

by Beausoleil Written Oct 10, 2014

We asked our B&B hostess for a dinner recommendation and drove a bit farther than we’d planned but had a truly wonderful dining experience at The Sand House Hotel at Rossnowlagh Beach. We arrived before they opened the restaurant so asked if we could wait in the lounge. We were ushered into the very welcoming lounge area and a young lady appeared to ask if we’d like something to drink. Ed half teasingly asked her if she knew how to make a kir. She said no, but asked the ingredients and had all of theon the smaller glass size so we each ended up with a double kir. Great start to the evening! (Yes, I did get up the stairs!)

We asked if we needed to reserve at the restaurant and she said no but would go ahead and save us a table. Somehow the manager got involved, we got menus early and were ushered to the best table in the restaurant with a window overlooking the ocean and a sunset made to order.

E-mail: info@sandhouse.ie (requested dress in the restaurant is smart casual)

Favorite Dish: We ordered and then enjoyed watching the ocean and the sunset until our dinners arrived. Ed got the sea bass and I got the oak-smoked salmon platter. Both were excellent and I even had room for strawberry-rhubarb crumble for dessert.

All food is locally sourced and very fresh.

It was a perfect sunset, perfect meal and perfect service at the rather reasonable price of 67 euros for both us including all drinks.

The Glasshouse Restaurant at The Sand House Hotel The sunset as we ate dinner My favorite dining companion . . . ;^)
    • Sailing and Boating

Instant Answers: Ballyshannon

Comments

Ballyshannon Travel Guide
Map of Ballyshannon