Tory Island Sports & Outdoors

Most Recent Sports & Outdoors in Tory Island

• sourbugger's Profile Photo

Easy fishing for beginners

by sourbugger Updated Nov 6, 2003

I am 35 years old, and this was the first time that I have ever taken my rod out (Fnarr-Fnarr)

We fished off the quay at the end of the island past East town and I bagged a fish on my very first attempt.

On the second cast I caught two fish together - to my astonishment..

I caught Coalfish - although I was really after Pollack (as in the picture) as it is lovely for breakfast.

It seemed that an hour before high tide was the best time to go, and I'm convinced that the streetlight on the quay helped as well.

Equipment: No bait needed just a shiny thing that looked like a prat on the end of the line (sorry I really did mean Sprat - thanks Tara)

More than one is a load of Pollacks
    • Fishing

• sourbugger's Profile Photo

Jogging rarely gets this good

by sourbugger Updated Oct 7, 2003

Jogging on Tory island is wonderful - mainly due to the fact that there are very few cars and only one road.

You can jog from one end of the island (about 3 miles) and never have to worry about where you are.

A jog out to the lighthouse is also good fun following a road, then a cart track, then a path before heading back by the road.

With so many ions in the air - it is a truely uplifting experience.

Instant Answers: Tory Island

Comments

Tory Island Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Tory Island sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tory Island sightseeing.