Clubs, Dublin

Know about this? Rate It!

• Clubs
    by leafmcgowan
  • Clubs
    by leafmcgowan
    Screenshot of the club's website
    by pontiff
  • Everleigh Garden: Everleigh Garden - warned in advance

by AliFox Written Aug 4, 2013

My sister and I were severely ridiculed by the door men at The Everleigh Garden last night. We were respectfully dressed, stone cold sober and more importantly well mannered.
    After my sister being refused entry by a doorman she was ushered out of the queue immediately as if she was causing trouble. When I approached the doorman and calmly asked why she had been treated as such, he began berating me viciously. I was none other than a ‘retard’, a ‘filthy mongrel’ and a ‘stupid ***’. He then went on to say that I could be arrested for having questioned his authority. He continued by hissing into my face that he has ‘the same *** with me every week’, which is gas , because I have never visited the Everleigh before.
    With that another doorman on duty approached us and said that I was lying and that he had been standing there all night and had never even seen my sister. He ended our conversation by continuously repeating ‘GO AWAY! GO AWAY! YOU’RE NOT WELCOME HERE!’ as if I was completely insane.
    I find it utterly unacceptable that a man, who is employed by a well-respected establishment, could treat a potential customer (or human being!) with such venom and unprovoked hatred.
    I am absolutely disgusted with how they immediately launched into a personal attack on my sister and I.
    I happen to know that the Bar and Floor staff of Everleigh are extremely efficient and their friendliness has always ensured repeat business from my friends and colleagues, but the security on the door seriously lower the tone of such a nice venue. I quietly did ‘go away’ as the doorman kindly suggested. I will most definitely be taking it further.

Dress Code: As little clothing as allowed by Irish law for 'women'

Copper Face Jacks: Big place, big crowds

by IrishFem Updated Jul 30, 2011

Copper Face Jacks

Copper Face Jacks is a nightclub that is for fun and single people. It's well know to be a pick up place , well know for Teachers, guards, and nurses along with the odd prison officer thrown in (excuse the pun). Located in Harcourt street, the nightclub is always packed and everyone knows the name as it's locally know as Coppers. Great if you fancy dancing the night away and having a bit of fun. Dubliner's won't admit to going there because of the pick up name it has but l doubt that. The club is always packed with people from everywhere. If it's fun your after then this is the place to go and get chatted up. It gets really crowded and if you like strangers pushing up against you all hot and smelly then this is the place to go. I do have to admit l have never been there and don't intend to go either..but I'm sure you'll have a story to tell..Has a beer garden for smokers.. Opened from 23:00 to 02;30. Cover charge Sun to Thur 5 euro Frid to Sat 10 euros.

Dress Code: Very trendy, wear your best.

• Marpessa's Profile Photo

Clubs: Coppers (Copper Faced Jacks)

by Marpessa Updated Apr 4, 2011

Coppers is a pub upstairs, but downstairs, at night, it is a club. A lot of people who go there are policemen, nurses and teachers (all off-duty of course!).

While the club is in a basement (you go down some stairs on the footpath) there is also an upstairs when you are in the club. The club does have a very 'cosy' but party-going feel. The music is always pumping with great hits from the 90s and more recent years. There is a bar, a large area to dance, plenty of areas for sitting... and other things ;-)

One thing I may have to warn some girls (and guys) about is, well... pretty much a lot of the people who go to Coppers are going there to pick up (in one way or another), and quite a lot of the guys have wandering hands, so girls, just watch yourselves.

As long as you know how to handle yourself you can have a great time at Coppers and dance (and drink) the night away!

Also, the toilets have 'attendants' who have deodorant and perfume!

Dress Code: Not too strict, for girls: jeans, heels (or nice flats) and a nice top is fine, same for the guys (minus the heels ;-) ).

• Study Abroad
    • Singles

• AR76's Profile Photo

O'Dwyers, Howl at the Moon, Danse Macabre: 3-in-1

by AR76 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Danse Macabre wall painting

*** O'Dwyers is currently closed for renovations ***

This 3-in-1 pub/night club has plenty to offer for everyone. O'Dwyers on ground level is a spacious pub with a dance floor at the back. Mainly music from the charts. The kitchen is open for lunch on week days. Howl at the Moon in the pub's basement has a dancefloor with a dj, but is mainly used for live performances by local bands. Gigs usually start round 10pm. Finally, my all-time favourite: Danse Macabre on the 1st floor. The interior is decorated with, how shall I put it, unusual items and paintings, the dj is standing in a coffin (!) and plays anything from 70s and 80s up till now.
    After 10pm the only entrance to any of the pubs is at Howl at the Moon (right door) and then a cover charge applies.

Dress Code: Casual, but the locals do make an effort when going out... Avoid wearing trainers, though.

• orlikins's Profile Photo

Various: Top Nightclubs

by orlikins Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Vatican, Harcourt St
    Copper Face Jacks, Harcourt St
    The POD/RedBox/The Chocolate Bar, The Odeon
    Howl at the moon - Lower Mount St
    Loads of basement clubs along Leeson st for the more mature/wealthy among us.

Dress Code: Vatican - keep it skimpy, early 20's crowd
    Copper Face Jacks - ditto
    The Pod - strictly dance, so again, tight, skimpy & designer. The Odeon is free before 10pm at the weekends. Not as pretensious as the Pod, but you still need to make an effort with your clothes.
    Howl - mid 20's, suits on the loose.
    HQ - slightly more sophisticated.

• leafmcgowan's Profile Photo

Murray's: Dominion - Resurrection

by leafmcgowan Updated Dec 16, 2010

Every Saturday from 9.30 pm - 2.30 am in the cellar of the sports bar called "Murrays" is Ireland's premiere and only Goth night. Only €3 until 11, afterwards €6 to enter. Darksome and divine, this small little hole is comfortable and roomie for those interested in the sub-culture to gather and dance their night away. I was quite curious how the Goth scene would be in Ireland and was quite pleased to hear some great music. The music was diverse from 80's to electronic, goth, industrial, to medieval. The particular night I visited on July 3, 2010 - DJ's Conor, Ozzy aka David Osborn, and Beo aka Christoph Heimann were playing. Good times. Good tunes. However, it was under-attended. There was about a dozen there and they all knew one another. It would appear a bit cliche'ish to those who are shy as I am (until I get to know people I'm actually a shy wallflower) so I'm just as guilty for not having made an attempt to make friends. Having to be at the airport at 4 am, I decided to call it an early night. But I'll be back. Rating: 3.5 stars out of 5.

Cafe en Seine: Trendy Bars

by IrishFem Updated Jul 17, 2010

Cafe en Seine

Cafe en Seine : If's its people watching your into, this is a good place to go. Its full of gorgeous girls and guys all in the lastest fashion. Very people watching place. Nice to go during the day to see the decor which is very different to the norm and have a coffee. If you do plan on going at night, go early. Q's go on forever and start around 10pm. Very trendy so make sure your not wearing sneakers. Bouncers will not let you in if they think you might have had a few drinks already. Most people are aged from early 20's to 30.

Dress Code: Up to the minute fashion.

Night Clubs

by IrishFem Updated May 14, 2010

Leeson Street
    This street is full of night clubs. Closing time around 4pm. You don't pay into the clubs but expect to pay over the odds for a bottle of wine. Most of them only have wine licences. Some of the clubs are fun to visit with a group, stay clear if your on your own especially if your a woman they do have a name as pick up joints. Taxi drivers call the street "My wife does not understand me " because of all the married men who frequent the strip. Jeans and runners are not the thing to wear...
    Off St Stephens Green.

Lillie's Bordello
    This is very popular if your a rich rock star or famous model. Getting into Lillies is hard unless your a local which of course you can't be since you only arrived in the country a few hours ago. Try your luck , but this club is nothing special. Mind the bouncers.. they do hit out and one unfortunate person took the club to court when the bouncer sliced into him for no reason except to ask why he was being refused. By the way he won the case and the bouncer was fired.
    Off Grafton Street

Renards
    Again this is a club for the rich and famous. They have two floors one for the mere mortals and the other for the VIP's. Personally the ground level is a lot better with a lot more craic. Upstairs if your manage to get pass the bouners, is dark and boring.
    South Fredrick Street. NOW CLOSED DUE TO THE RECESSION. 2010

POD / The Red Box
    A very young set go to the POD. You have got to be stylish to get in here as that is as important as age, so l am told. Thursday night hosts a no frills night so you can dance the night away without worrying about what your clothes look like. They also have gay nights, check for listings in the free newspapers.
    Harcourt Street

Ri-Ra
    Again a very young and mixed crowd, loud music and lots of fun. Bouncers on the door so have ID ready if you don't look your age. They also have a gay night, again check the free newspapers.
    South Great George's Street.

Dress Code: Most of these clubs will not allow entry if your wearing sneekers.

• zone_de_guerre's Profile Photo

Copper Face Jacks: Sweaty and Overcrowded

by zone_de_guerre Updated Aug 12, 2007

I should have known beofre I step foot in this dump that I should expect the worst as told to me by other people and alas I should have listened. The place was overflowing with GAA fans and other assorted people which is fine except when they barge through and elbow everyone on the way in. Door staff and bar staff are ignorant and to make matters worse I was given the wrong change after getting some drinks ! Do yourself a favour and go somewhere else decent !

Dress Code: No Runners, Jeans and Shirt are fine although I saw people in runners that night"

• sn0ball's Profile Photo

Copper Face Jacks: Madness-every night

by sn0ball Updated Jun 15, 2007

Copper Face Jacks, A.K.A Coppers, A.K.A Slappers is a nightclub on Dublin's Harcourt Street. It opens from about 11pm to 3am or so.
    If you're young and like to party, this place is for you!
    It's open 7 days a week and is always full.

Dress Code: No runners, jeans and shirt are perfect attire.
    ID is essential.

• School Holidays
    • Singles

Clarence Hotel: Hotel owned by members of U2

by IrishFem Updated Jun 6, 2007

The Clarence

The Clarence Hotel is owned by Bono and the Edge of U2. Of course the chances of spoting them are very slim. However if you have lots of money you can people watch and sip very expensive cocktails at the Octagon bar. When they opened first, you got these very expensive drinking glasses, however that changed since everybody was stealing them.. now its just the normal glass at very over the top prices... Sorry to dissapoint the fans but the night club closed in 2006.

Dress Code: No jeans or sneakers.

• amapola66's Profile Photo

Clubs: Boogie on Down in the Voodoo Lounge

by amapola66 Updated Mar 24, 2007

'Voodoo Child'

As we were without the Small Person on this trip, we continued on to the Voodoo Lounge, which is the sister pub to The Dice Bar and is located around the corner on Arran Quay. (Like The Dice Bar, from where we had just been, the Voodoo Lounge has Huey Morgan from the Fun Lovin' Criminals as it's owner). There is a New York style pizzeria as you enter the bar sporting a tasty menu of pizza slices (to soak up the drink) and interesting array of DJs and live bands throughout the week for all your music needs. This late night bar is never too full, and has friendly bar staff and djs.

I have to say, I had a good boogie in there, which is cool, (as most clubs never play the music that inspires me to get up and go for it).
    The dj style was a more eclectic mixture of songs, not giving a damn for fashion or genre - eg The Charlatans followed by Bob Marley - Right up my street!

The decor is amusing too, KB and I had a gas (as they say there).

Dress Code: We didn't notice a dress code.

• Study Abroad

• alfredop's Profile Photo

The Kitchen: Techno nights...

by alfredop Updated Jan 19, 2007

Rude staff, average surroundings considering who owns (Bono and The Edge) it and pricey drinks. The Kitchen Nightclub in the basement is well worth checking out, though. Friendly security, mad bar staff, great music.

• cazz38's Profile Photo

Clubs: CLUB M

by cazz38 Updated Aug 20, 2005

DON'T BOTHER!!!I can't tell you anything about this club as they refused us entry,the door staff were big headed and very rude.We were given free tickets for this club,when we got there they let all the people that were paying go in but refused to let us in with our tickets,i have never met such rude staff in my life.In the end we went back to our hotel and had a fantastic night with their own disco.

• dmrtn's Profile Photo

Clubs: Dance!

by dmrtn Written May 10, 2005

Well I like lots of different types of music and sometimes I like to hit the spots with the best in dance music in Dublin. I think at the moment the places I would generally go for this would be Traffic (http://www.traffic54.net/) or Spirit (http://www.spiritdublin.com/flash.htm) which are located in Abbey St. or the POD (http://www.pod.ie) which is on Harcourt St.

Dress Code: Hmmm, places that concentrate on dance music are more relaxed about letting in people wearing trainers than most other nightclubs in Dublin, but still I think you need to make an effort. Make sure those jeans are torn in the *right* places ;-)

Instant Answers: Dublin